Audi A4 B9 Audi Sound System rattle

Perhaps KaiNor's first language isn't English and this might be a misunderstanding...

That'll be a week tomorrow since I got my car back and there's no rattles from the subwoofer or any of the front speakers. Sunroof is sorted also.

Mine is going back in tomorrow - I've told them not to change the passenger-side front speaker as I'm certain thats not the issue (the rattle noises happen regardless of whether music is playing or not) and I've asked them to concentrate on the rattling noises through the cabin.

Subwoofer and front centre speaker are sorted, so its just these annoying rattles to sort now.

Simon white all ya need is vw/Audi dry lubricant put on rubber seals and rails

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Simonwhite2000
Simon white all ya need is vw/Audi dry lubricant put on rubber seals and rails

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I tried that. It didn’t work. The creaking from my sunroof actually turned out to be the coming from the inner roof panel, not the sunroof itself. They padded up and replaced some clips in the roof’s lighting cluster and between it and the roof itself.

You need to deduct the prices of the rear camera an the advanced key off the cost of the comfort and sound pack to be fair.
You might find the b&o awful but there are a number of owners who actually find it just fine..

Me myself I do

Reactions: cuke2u
I'm having horrendous rattles from the front passenger speaker, so I might be calling up soon as the car's still in warranty. I don't think it's a speaker issue but just something rattling, and I'm making some modifications to the car soon so might just take the door apart and put some dampening in to try and fix it myself..

I'm also interested in potentially fitting B&O front speakers in my car. I read that somebody did the rear doors but haven't seen mention of the front. Anybody have experience?

B&O I believe are also affected. I turned my bass to the centre which improved I don’t have any rattling now.
If you go down the dampening route, post up some pictures and how much difference this made

Reactions: Kondax
B&O I believe are also affected. I turned my bass to the centre which improved the rattle.
If you go down the dampening route, post up some pictures and how much difference this made
Yeah, my bass is in the center but it still rattles considerably. I also have a subwoofer installed and it's harming the quality of that considering there's no subwoofer control built in for some silly reason. I'm going to order some foam or dampening mesh off Amazon and give it a go at the weekend

Reactions: rasA4
Yeah, my bass is in the center but it still rattles considerably. I also have a subwoofer installed and it's harming the quality of that considering there's no subwoofer control built in for some silly reason. I'm going to order some foam or dampening mesh off Amazon and give it a go at the weekend
Heard someone mention not sure on this forum that you can download an app to try and maybe locate where the rattle is

Reactions: Kondax
Heard someone mention not sure on this forum that you can download an app to try and maybe locate where the rattle is
Tone generator? Yeah, could use that. I definitely know it's coming from the passenger door though, but it wouldn't hurt to try it to see if the OEM sub is rattling too

Reactions: rasA4
Yep the speakers in the B8.5 are fine aswell.

Probably Audis way of getting the Last laugh coz we didn't upgrade to B&O
I have the B & O 19 Speaker System - It still rattles from rear Sub and Front centre speakers. Makes the whole system sound cheap.
I had a Q7 previously with 14 speaker BOSE and was perfect at any volume.

I have the B & O 19 Speaker System - It still rattles from rear Sub and Front centre speakers. Makes the whole system sound cheap.
I had a Q7 previously with 14 speaker BOSE and was perfect at any volume.

You should get it booked in. I don't have the B&O system but they will probably pad out the sub to stop the rattling or your sub could be faulty.

Hello,I a old audi A4 b9 user,new in this forums,jejejeje,have the obd eleven,but have a problem with the audi sound system,need the coding to configure the speakers.The solution is in the 5F module(electronic information),need see in the "config extended" the "byte_4_ChannelXXXX to byte_7_ChannelXXXX.
Only with Audi sound system.
Thanks!!!

Had a peculiar problem in the S4 recently that when I'm accelerating I'm hearing buzzing through what I think is the centre speaker. I know the acceleration sound is enhanced by the speaker so this may be why.

Booked in for March to get it checked. Service desk said the speakers are nothing to do with the engine sound...

Possible faulty soundaktor, some are mounted on the firewall under the right hand side access flap by the wipers...

I have the 10 speaker set up and mine rattles like crazy at the slightest hint of bass, drives me insane! Always the passenger side left. (Parcel shelf)

Pulled over mid drive the other day to take a look at it and there's a grey wire which bounces off the cone that's causing it. Sticking the wire to the cone might solve the issue but as mines a lease I dont want to make any DIY adjustments to it

Considering taking it to Audi but highly doubt they'll have a fix for it. Now that you've brought it up though I might just do this week.
Mine is exactly the same left side under parcel shelf, there is no speaker on right side. It vibrates like made with hint of base. I must turn the base off. Poor quality

Same here mate like someone else said my music is very demanding of the sub so there's not a song I cant play without it rattling unless I turn it right down. Ruins the driving experience.

The grey wires in the picture seem to be the culprit. If Audi cant do anything about it im gonna use some masking tape and stick them down

83a51c3823aed3b6c65e3b5a4217a24c.jpg
did you sort the vibration yet mine is exactly the same.

did you sort the vibration yet mine is exactly the same.
I dont have the car anymore but yea I took it back to Audi and they replaced the Sub. Took a few days but they gave me a A3 in the meantime (which they tried to charge me for)

Sounded fine after the fix though, but still a poor audio system overall

Last edited: