Audi A4 B9 Audi Sound System rattle

I only got the rattle / resonation with talk radio - music was fine - when i took my car in the dealer said it was a known issue and it was dealt with under warranty. Now its great.

I get it with anything mate. Sounds like a group of mosquitos have a ball in my speakers. Hopefully they can sort this out for me

I have an update.

So my car has been in for 1 day now, and they were initially struggling to find a fault with the speaker. However I sent them over a list of songs that cause the issue and they have been able to find the issue and now are looking at a fix.

The A5 i have has no virtual cockpit so i genuinley cannot wait for my car to be back. Fair to say that I am completley hooked on to the virtual cockpit

Nice! Glad they've identified the issue. Mines actually getting worse. I have an oil change an inspection due in 27 days so ill mention it then and hopefully get it sorted.

Did they give you a new shape A5?

Nice! Glad they've identified the issue. Mines actually getting worse. I have an oil change an inspection due in 27 days so ill mention it then and hopefully get it sorted.

Did they give you a new shape A5?

Yeah mate an 18 plate A5 2.0 Tfsi.

Ive realised that the lights on that car seem to be a LOT brighter than the ones on my A4. I dont know why.

Make sure you compile a list of what songs are the worst offenders and give it to them mate. Without that i think they wont find the issue

Yeah mate an 18 plate A5 2.0 Tfsi.

Ive realised that the lights on that car seem to be a LOT brighter than the ones on my A4. I dont know why.

Make sure you compile a list of what songs are the worst offenders and give it to them mate. Without that i think they wont find the issue
do you have a list? so far can only find 1 song havent really blasted it

1. Sia - Step by Step (amazon original) only seems to do it at the very beginning

do you have a list? so far can only find 1 song havent really blasted it

1. Sia - Step by Step (amazon original) only seems to do it at the very beginning

I do indeed:

Drake - 6 Man
LIL wayne - A Milli
YG - Who do you love?
Asco - so litt
French Montana - Jump
Trouble, Drake and Mike Will Made it - Bring it back
John Legend - Sin City
Lil Baby, Gunna & Lil Uzi Vert - Life goes on
Lil uzi vert - money longer
Travis Scott - Upper echelon
Skrapz - Iron Mike

(They are all mainly rap songs)

They are just a few of the worst offenders

I listen to my music via bluetooth from my Spotify and the quality is set to its highest setting

Reactions: h1r4 and rasA4
I do indeed:

Drake - 6 Man
LIL wayne - A Milli
YG - Who do you love?
Asco - so litt
French Montana - Jump
John Legend - Sin City
Skrapz - Iron Mike

I listen to my music via bluetooth from my Spotify and the quality is set to its highest setting
So I take it they will find the songs themselves as these songs will be on your phone?

So I take it they will find the songs themselves as these songs will be on your phone?

I guess so. When I sent the list over, they called back within a half hour saying they have seen how bad the rattle is and also they are working on a fix for it.

Something very useful...check your app store for tone generator apps. Connect your phone via Bluetooth, and you will be able to find the exact sound frequency that causes the issue and be able to show your dealer right away the distortion from the speaker

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Syed Shah and rasA4
Something very useful...check your app store for tone generator apps. Connect your phone via Bluetooth, and you will be able to find the exact sound frequency that causes the issue and be able to show your dealer right away the distortion from the speaker

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Im going to do that when I pick my car up.. whenever that is tbh

I do indeed:

Drake - 6 Man
LIL wayne - A Milli
YG - Who do you love?
Asco - so litt
French Montana - Jump
John Legend - Sin City
Skrapz - Iron Mike

Cant imagine the dealership blasting Asco & Skrapz hahahahaha

My speakers are at the point now where pretty much any song rattles, nevertheless I'm gonna get a little playlist arranged for them

Reactions: Kondax, Audidave69 and Syed Shah
Cant imagine the dealership blasting Asco & Skrapz hahahahaha

My speakers are at the point now where pretty much any song rattles, nevertheless I'm gonna get a little playlist arranged for them

Hahah, trust me mate I would have loved to seen it while it was happening :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

I’m telling you mate it is best you get it checked out with the playlist or the frequency thing the previous poster mentioned.

My cars with them for another day but I’m getting new speakers so hopefully that should solve the issue

Got an update now.

So I picked up my car and it was all good, just very minimal rattle from speakers after both subwoofers were replaced, but I stupidly thought it would just go away. Everything was sounding better & then 1 song played and really exposed how bad the speakers are now!! They’ve become WORSE & now the speakers sound like they are on the verge of falling out of the door.

Car is due back in on Wednesday because they couldn’t source a loan car earlier (which is ridiculous!!) and now I’m sat hoping to god this isnt going to be one of them things were my car spends more time in for repairs because of a bad job.

Pi**ed so say the very least.

Reactions: blackb9er
Got an update now.

So I picked up my car and it was all good, just very minimal rattle from speakers after both subwoofers were replaced, but I stupidly thought it would just go away. Everything was sounding better & then 1 song played and really exposed how bad the speakers are now!! They’ve become WORSE & now the speakers sound like they are on the verge of falling out of the door.

Car is due back in on Wednesday because they couldn’t source a loan car earlier (which is ridiculous!!) and now I’m sat hoping to god this isnt going to be one of them things were my car spends more time in for repairs because of a bad job.

Aww bruv thats not good! Had a feeling this might happen. I think when it comes down to it the Audi speakers just aren't designed to handle bass.

Even if they do replace them your back to sq 1 having to run them in again. Thats another few months of bad sound.

Really hope they do manage to find a fix though and if your car does have to be in for a while that you get something decent to drive around in.

Keep us posted mate.

Reactions: Syed Shah
Aww bruv thats not good! Had a feeling this might happen. I think when it comes down to it the Audi speakers just aren't designed to handle bass.

Even if they do replace them your back to sq 1 having to run them in again. Thats another few months of bad sound.

Really hope they do manage to find a fix though and if your car does have to be in for a while that you get something decent to drive around in.

Keep us posted mate.

Such a simple thing man, why do they make it so complicated!! Just sort the goddamn thing out and give it back to me when its working and not when half the speakers sound like they are blown.

& the run in thing really gets on my nerves. The subwoofers sound decent now but the rest of it sounds worse than ever.

Ive told them i want a 5 door auto car or nothing. I dont want a 2 door a5 with no navigation and no VC because boy if anything I’ve realised how BIG a difference VC makes to Audi’s all together.

Got an update now.

Frikk sake this might put me off don’t want to make this worse. I don’t think mine is bad I’m even struggling to find many songs I listen to that affect the rattle.
I hope you get this sorted ASAP

Frikk sake this might put me off don’t want to make this worse. I don’t think mine is bad I’m even struggling to find many songs I listen to that affect the rattle.
I hope you get this sorted ASAP

Id say hold off because I’m currently wishing i didnt take it in man. Some songs its okay but any song that demands a bit of bass, the speakers go crazy

Reactions: rasA4
My car was in for an oil change today and they did a software update to address the speaker rattle from the centre speaker. Not really tried it out yet but it seems bizarre that a software update would be the first port of call.

Reactions: Kevin Gall
My car was in for an oil change today and they did a software update to address the speaker rattle from the centre speaker. Not really tried it out yet but it seems bizarre that a software update would be the first port of call.

Haha, its funny because my car has just gone back in to Audi and they gave me a Audi A4 Allroad. The sound system is the same as mine but honestly sounds supreme in every way. 4k on the clock and it has not a single rattle rven at highest bass on the same songs that rattle the life out my speakers..

Makes me angry tbh

Haha, its funny because my car has just gone back in to Audi and they gave me a Audi A4 Allroad. The sound system is the same as mine but honestly sounds supreme in every way. 4k on the clock and it has not a single rattle rven at highest bass on the same songs that rattle the life out my speakers..

Makes me angry tbh

Yep they can do it. Mines with Audi now and they're ordering a fitting a new sub.

I have an A3 saloon in the meantime (1.5 TFSI auto) and the sound system is fantastic! Nice deep bass with good mids, exactly how it should be on our cars.

The car itself wasnt quite what I expecting when I got there but its a nice drive to be fair. its quiet and it rides/handles just as good as the A4 if not better. The S tronic seems much better suited to a petrol engine by the feel of it, no lag issues. Really impressed with it, would happily drive one of these with a few toys on it.

Yep they can do it. Mines with Audi now and they're ordering a fitting a new sub.

I have an A3 saloon in the meantime (1.5 TFSI auto) and the sound system is fantastic! Nice deep bass with good mids, exactly how it should be on our cars.

The car itself wasnt quite what I expecting when I got there but its a nice drive to be fair. its quiet and it rides/handles just as good as the A4 if not better. The S tronic seems much better suited to a petrol engine by the feel of it, no lag issues. Really impressed with it, would happily drive one of these with a few toys on it.

Did anything get solved because mine went back to audi and they said they cant do anything more for the speakers as its a design flaw.. very very appaling sevice all round from Audi.

They just clipped a few things back in place that should have done originally but the rattle is still there.. dont think in going back to audi again in my opinion.

Did anything get solved because mine went back to audi and they said they cant do anything more for the speakers as its a design flaw.. very very appaling sevice all round from Audi.

They just clipped a few things back in place that should have done originally but the rattle is still there.. dont think in going back to audi again in my opinion.

If that's the case you should escalate it to Audi UK. It's the manufacturers responsibility to come up with remedial procedures to fix a design flaw and feed this back to their dealers. If the dealer doesn't understand the instructions then that's an issue for Audi to address with your dealership. If no instruction exists then thats an issue for Audi to address with you. In either case you being left with a product not fit for purpose is not a satisfactory conclusion. I would be calling Audi UK today and making a formal complaint. Get a reference number and a timescale for follow up.

I have a suspicion, that it's beyond the capability of your dealership to resolve so they're just washing their hands of it. If you don't know already, all dealerships are targetted on a number of KPIs by Audi every quarter/year and meeting these results in massive financial bonuses. These are relied upon by dealerships and is one of the reasons they will often sell cars at a loss to hit these targets. One of these KPIs is the number of unresolved complaints, which is why getting Audi UK involved will be a big motivator for them to get it sorted.

So, don't just take the dealers word for it. Escalate it to the manufacturer.

I can vouch for the dealership having to keep to key performance indicators, kpi's. One of the way they do this is with the survey's they issue to every customer that visits the dealership to have any work done.

Mine did not like it at all when I returned a negative survey of uncompleted, or unresolved, work, basically because then they do not get refunded the costs of it.

After this my dealership couldn't be any better.

I would suggest that the situation with the speaker is taken further and higher up the chain...

Had a problem with my Audi sound system that seemed to buzz when blasting our my favourite Adele songs.

Took it in and there were a couple or fault codes. Dealer said they couldn't replicate the buzzing so reset the codes but back ordered the speakers. It's actually been fine since I got it back.

They said to change the speakers they would need to take the whole dash off. Wasn't keen on that as I'm sure everything wouldn't go back as it was before

I Got mine back from Audi yesterday, they've replaced the sub and parcel shelf. Sounds much better now.

Still a crap stereo overall but at least it doesn't rattle now :0)

I Got mine back from Audi yesterday, they've replaced the sub and parcel shelf. Sounds much better now.

Still a **** stereo overall but at least it doesn't rattle now :0)

They replaced the subs and mine is still tits.

I havent had the time to call but the worst offenders is that front speaker on the dashboard. Sounds horrible with the rattle.

To hell with their design flaws tbh

There’s a specific field service action to address that. The speaker grill is replaced with a newer part.

No point moaning about it if you haven’t spoken to Audi UK. I wouldn’t be confident in leaving it to the dealer st this point based on what you’ve told us.

I have the B&O 14 speaker set and it had an factory recall to change the speaker covers.

If you don’t mind having the metal finish replaced with a sticker.

33eidsz.jpg

Just to update you guys, i didn't bother going back to the dealership.

But I have emailed Audi UK and hope for a good response.

Reactions: blackb9er
Any further updates on this?
My audi sound system rattles when i up the bass from the mmi controller, rattle only seems to be coming from the back (parcel shelf).... worth going to dealers?...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any further updates on this?
My audi sound system rattles when i up the bass from the mmi controller, rattle only seems to be coming from the back (parcel shelf).... worth going to dealers?...

I updated on another thread. However I did go back as Audi UK through my complaint out of the window as I didn’t go back.. so I went back recently and I’ve been told the car has no repair and it’s the frequency of the bass that the speakers struggle with. I’ve been told parcel shelf is a design flaw so good luck.

However, make sure you go to the dealers 100%

I updated on another thread. However I did go back as Audi UK through my complaint out of the window as I didn’t go back.. so I went back recently and I’ve been told the car has no repair and it’s the frequency of the bass that the speakers struggle with. I’ve been told parcel shelf is a design flaw so good luck.

However, make sure you go to the dealers 100%

Thats crazy, to end it on a design flaw. Im sure some people have got there rattling fixed if looking at this thread...