Audi A4 B8 Steering Wheel Upgrade :)

Steering wheel is from S5 2015 with new style DSG paddles which was my main wish
22ec54e45dfad7c24955a2db1948580b.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Looks great, did you paint the silver trim around the dials and screen gloss black?

Royal steering wheels refinished mine for me a couple of months ago.
Would recommend them highly.

20200202 173253

Reactions: Nitro_CR
Well after saving my pennies over the last few months, I finally saved enough to treat myself a new steering wheel. This will be the third time changing my wheel and probably the last.

Always liked the look of the Flat Bottom Steering Wheels, why this is not a standard option on the Black Editions's I will never know. Found one from the RS4 that I jut had to have and the price compared with the older version, was not that much more.

Wheel came from abroad, so had to eagerly wait just over a week for it to arrive. Finally got it installed and I must say, I am VERY happy with it. Totally transforms the interior.

From this:

View attachment 138333

To this :)

View attachment 138334

Straight plug and play swap over, everything (lights, paddles, buttons, horn) work as they should. Apart from the Nav button but that does not bother me.

Subsequently, my old wheel (8K0 419 091 BC XCF) and air bag are up for grabs. PM me if interested or need any help fitting yours.

Hey just keen to know how you went with this? I’m looking at a 2011 A4 and upgrading the same steering wheel. Any idea where I could buy the updated version?

Hey just keen to know how you went with this? I’m looking at a 2011 A4 and upgrading the same steering wheel. Any idea where I could buy the updated version?

Your best source is either the classifieds on this forum or eBay. I got mine on eBay myself, there was quite a few on there when I was looking for mine.

Does anyone have any part numbers as I'm looking at this mod for my 09 b8 s line and not sure what I'm looking for.

I’m also looking to get a flat bottom steering wheel for my 2012 A4.

My problem is that I have the 4 spoke non multifunction wheel in my car (with the square airbag), and am just looking to get a flat bottom wheel with the round airbag to replace.
I’ve sourced a wheel with blank covers that I could use to replace the buttons on the flat bottom one since I don’t want multifunction. Would this just plug and play without coding?

And even if I got the new airbag with dual stage connectors, could I just put my old dual stage connectors onto the new bag so therefore there wouldn’t be a spare multifunction cable lying around?

I have a a4 b8 2009 s line with the steering wheel with a square airbag like the op but I'm looking for a more Modern one with the round airbag. Does anyone know if mine is one stage or two stage airbag? Also does other model steering wheels fit a b8 like from a a1,a2 etc?

Hello guys !
Please help
I want to buy Audi A4 B8 facelifted version (from 2012 to 2015)
And I see that some cars has old style wheel, and some cars has new style (flat bottom) wheel
At first, I though that new style wheel are comes with every facelifted model, and old style wheel comes in every pre-facelift model (from 2008 to 2012), but I see a lot of facelifted cars with old style wheel
So, is this new style wheel is an option on facelifted A4 B8 or what ?
I just can't understand why same A4 models have different wheels

Hello guys !
Please help
I want to buy Audi A4 B8 facelifted version (from 2012 to 2015)
And I see that some cars has old style wheel, and some cars has new style (flat bottom) wheel
At first, I though that new style wheel are comes with every facelifted model, and old style wheel comes in every pre-facelift model (from 2008 to 2012), but I see a lot of facelifted cars with old style wheel
So, is this new style wheel is an option on facelifted A4 B8 or what ?
I just can't understand why same A4 models have different wheels
Hi Wonderio, welcome to the forum.
I believe it was an optional extra with the B8.5 facelift in 2012.
Black Edition cars came with the Flat Bottom Steering Wheel as standard though.
I hope that helps!

Reactions: Wonderio619
Well after saving my pennies over the last few months, I finally saved enough to treat myself a new steering wheel. This will be the third time changing my wheel and probably the last.

Always liked the look of the Flat Bottom Steering Wheels, why this is not a standard option on the Black Editions's I will never know. Found one from the RS4 that I jut had to have and the price compared with the older version, was not that much more.

Wheel came from abroad, so had to eagerly wait just over a week for it to arrive. Finally got it installed and I must say, I am VERY happy with it. Totally transforms the interior.

From this:

View attachment 138333
Hi, I’m new to the forum and love your steering wheel mod. I’m having a bit of a mare with conflicting info on what I need to do so hoping you can help please?
Can you let me know which ‘flat bottom’ wheel I need to look for which will be ‘plug and play’ please? Cheers, Gary.
View attachment 138334

Straight plug and play swap over, everything (lights, paddles, buttons, horn) work as they should. Apart from the Nav button but that does not bother me.

Subsequently, my old wheel (8K0 419 091 BC XCF) and air bag are up for grabs. PM me if interested or need any help fitting yours.

Reactions: ed1119