1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Audi A4 B8 Steering Wheel Upgrade :)

JRock247 Oct 9, 2017

1. dimitar.tuntov.5

dimitar.tuntov.5 Registered User

Steering wheel is from S5 2015 with new style DSG paddles which was my main wish [​IMG]

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. ***DK***

***DK*** Registered User

Looks great, did you paint the silver trim around the dials and screen gloss black?

4. JohnS3

JohnS3 Registered User

We’re you not able to just change the paddles?

5. MattS5

MattS5 Registered User

Royal steering wheels refinished mine for me a couple of months ago.
    Would recommend them highly.

20200202_173253.jpg

Nitro_CR likes this.
  6. JohnS3

JohnS3 Registered User

It seems you can change the paddles. 8V0 951 523 XHA for matte black and INZ for gloss black

7. Chrissso82

Chrissso82 Registered User

8. Chrissso82

Chrissso82 Registered User

Hey just keen to know how you went with this? I’m looking at a 2011 A4 and upgrading the same steering wheel. Any idea where I could buy the updated version?

9. JRock247

JRock247 Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

Your best source is either the classifieds on this forum or eBay. I got mine on eBay myself, there was quite a few on there when I was looking for mine.

10. PostieStew

PostieStew Registered User

Does anyone have any part numbers as I'm looking at this mod for my 09 b8 s line and not sure what I'm looking for.

11. Fergal Hennessy

Fergal Hennessy Registered User

I’m also looking to get a flat bottom steering wheel for my 2012 A4.

My problem is that I have the 4 spoke non multifunction wheel in my car (with the square airbag), and am just looking to get a flat bottom wheel with the round airbag to replace.
    I’ve sourced a wheel with blank covers that I could use to replace the buttons on the flat bottom one since I don’t want multifunction. Would this just plug and play without coding?

And even if I got the new airbag with dual stage connectors, could I just put my old dual stage connectors onto the new bag so therefore there wouldn’t be a spare multifunction cable lying around?

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. PostieStew

PostieStew Registered User

I have a a4 b8 2009 s line with the steering wheel with a square airbag like the op but I'm looking for a more Modern one with the round airbag. Does anyone know if mine is one stage or two stage airbag? Also does other model steering wheels fit a b8 like from a a1,a2 etc?

14. Wonderio619

Wonderio619 Registered User

Hello guys !
    Please help
    I want to buy Audi A4 B8 facelifted version (from 2012 to 2015)
    And I see that some cars has old style wheel, and some cars has new style (flat bottom) wheel
    At first, I though that new style wheel are comes with every facelifted model, and old style wheel comes in every pre-facelift model (from 2008 to 2012), but I see a lot of facelifted cars with old style wheel
    So, is this new style wheel is an option on facelifted A4 B8 or what ?
    I just can't understand why same A4 models have different wheels

15. Nitro_CR

Nitro_CR Registered User

Hi Wonderio, welcome to the forum.
    I believe it was an optional extra with the B8.5 facelift in 2012.
    Black Edition cars came with the Flat Bottom Steering Wheel as standard though.
    I hope that helps!

Wonderio619 likes this.