Audi A4 B8 S line Bumper Removal / RS4 Grille Fitment Step-by-Step Guide

Your car looks great John. Your Rotors compliment that rare body colour very well! I fancy some splitter extensions you have on your rear bumper but Audi told me they don't fit S lines! :( I don't see how really.

Your window wraps look really good as well!

Reactions: RS5 JON
Your car looks great John. Your Rotors compliment that rare body colour very well! I fancy some splitter extensions you have on your rear bumper but Audi told me they don't fit S lines! :( I don't see how really.

Your window wraps look really good as well!

Cheers ScottishS3, don't see why they wouldn't fit either, not to sure about some of the advice Audi give out, Macdoon got told that the boot spoiler that both of us have wouldn't fit his s-line as it was for the SE only, all they needed to do was look at the shape of the boot lid to see they were the same shape for fitting the spoiler. Every time I visit the parts guy at my local Audi dealer I teach him something new about the A4 b8, usually stuff I've learned from this forum.
Maybe order them and if they don't fit send them back, maybe check ebay though, Audi are a bit steep for these. :hubbahubba:

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
SI-W85, do you want to do mine, lol. :scared2:

Yeah no bother couldn't believe how easy it came off 5 screws bottom 3 either side and 6 along the top and it was off as easy as that, took an R32 bumper off last week and that was a nightmare compared.

Reactions: RS5 JON and ScottishA4B9
Anyway didn't go for RS4 went for black edition grill instead,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 1,359
Reactions: Scottb, Brennan, AU11 ALS and 2 others
Totally off subject but I've been playing with vas pc today and that makes vcds look like a breeze to work on lol but can do so much more, wondering wether or not to get it for myself. :/

Cheers ScottishS3, don't see why they wouldn't fit either, not to sure about some of the advice Audi give out, Macdoon got told that the boot spoiler that both of us have wouldn't fit his s-line as it was for the SE only, all they needed to do was look at the shape of the boot lid to see they were the same shape for fitting the spoiler. Every time I visit the parts guy at my local Audi dealer I teach him something new about the A4 b8, usually stuff I've learned from this forum.
Maybe order them and if they don't fit send them back, maybe check ebay though, Audi are a bit steep for these. :hubbahubba:

What is the proper name of the bumper skirt extensions as I have tried googling them and looking on eBay before but no luck!

What is the proper name of the bumper skirt extensions as I have tried googling them and looking on eBay before but no luck!

Google Audi A4 accessories, click into stoke audi, sport and design section. You'll find them there £154. Sorry I couldn't post the link mate.

That's my grille fitted, decided to leave the badge off for now, maybe put it on at a later date.

Cheers again ScottishS3, this thread made my job so much easier. :applaus:

Reactions: dieseldoos, SI-W85, ScottishA4B9 and 1 other person
That's my grille fitted, decided to leave the badge off for now, maybe put it on at a later date.

No problem mate. Glad it helped. Your car is looking great with the new grille! 😎

Think you should make your own badge and put it on there, then you'll get the usually question of.... "What car is that then?" lol

Joined the grill change club today! Thank you for this write up, made the job much easier! Just the door mirrors now.

Reactions: Macdoon, ScottishA4B9 and RS5 JON
Been thinking about doing this to my car for some time now, this thread may come in useful! I have to say I prefer it with the badge on though...

Reactions: ScottishA4B9 and BigGreg
Anyone know where to get the mesh fog light surrounds? I was thinking about this with chrome surround for mine as it has chrome on windows. But looks nice on your car mate.

Used this guide today, was perfect! Thanks again

great writeup, car looks really fresh with that on. What about doing your rotors gloss black?

looks good mate but really needs the badge imo..

331226408965 yes it is. Does anyone want one? Could possibly buy a few cheap for a deal!

Not sure. Let's see how many want it then go from there.

Reactions: evans1089
I've been looking all over ebay for a good quality grill and after reading your post I've gone for it. Fingers crossed in 10 days Ill have some fun fitting it. Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_7076.jpg
    IMG_7076.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 948
Here we go! I received the grill today from the same eBay seller that was stated in the first post by ScottishS3.
I know the original link has now ended so here is the most upto date link for the item:

Audi A4 S4 B8 09-12 RS Style Gloss Black Mesh Front Hood Bumper Grill | eBay

As soon as I got home I started to fit. It took me about 1.5 hours taking my time. The hardest bit was getting the bumper back on perfect but it didn't take too long.
If I were to do it again, I'd go to Audi and buy a brand new badge for the grill as it's very easy to snap some of the tabs that hold the badge in place.

A BIG thank you to ScottishS3 for your step by step and the link to the item!!!!!

Ive also bought some Metal pressed plates for the car. I personally think they look a lot simpler and smarter.

Here's a few before and after pictures. Hopefully Ill get a good picture of the whole car in the next few days.

Attachments

• IMG_0897.jpg
    IMG_0897.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 942
  • IMG_8144.jpg
    IMG_8144.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 957
  • IMG_8138.jpg
    IMG_8138.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 933
  • IMG_8139.jpg
    IMG_8139.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 936
  • IMG_0907.jpg
    IMG_0907.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 935
  • IMG_0912.jpg
    IMG_0912.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 919
Reactions: ScottishA4B9 and ShaneSun
Looking good mate, great job. :thumbsup:
Just a suggestion though, in your pics it looks like the crash bar, think that's what it's called, remains silver. Maybe give it a coat of black paint, or as I did, use pasti-dip, it finishes an already good mod.

JG

I can see what you mean in the pictures. I've not noticed it in person but I'll have another look tomorrow.

Cheers for the advice!!!

I'll be getting one of these grilles, they look great I think, the standard grill lets them down IMO I was hoping there would be an after market grill for these :) thank you writer for the great post.
Paul

Looking to do this Mod, but I have factory fitted front sensors do they just unplug from the back of the bumper?

Looking to do this Mod, but I have factory fitted front sensors do they just unplug from the back of the bumper?
I believe they do mate although never done it myself. Once you take the bumper off and it is only secured by the wires (fog lights, air temp sensor and parking sensors) you will be able to see easily how they unplug from the bumper.

Reactions: ruairi83 and BigGreg
STEP 17: Locate the 5 clips, 4 of which are indicated below.

Unclip these clips by gently pushing down with a small screw driver.

The grille will now become free from the bumper.

STEP 18: Turn the grille over and locate the 10 clips on the back of the Audi logo.

Unclip these clips by pushing the black clips attached to the grille, away from the chrome part of the Audi logo, using a small screwdriver.

Once these clips have been unclipped, the Audi logo will now be free from the grille. This can be easily attached to the emblem holder of the new grille.

Reverse these steps to attach the grille to the bumper and the bumper back onto the car.

The Finished Product:

Here's where I got mine:
Audi A4 S4 B8 09-12 RS Style Gloss Black Mesh Front Hood Bumper Grill | eBay
Very quick delivery and excellent correspondence from this company. Highly recommended.
It also came with all fittings and optional front parking sensor brackets.[/Q

Hey
Hows it going everyone? I recently bought my first Audi and just did the grill swap and I have a question. When I took the bumper off these (Im assuming are sensors of some kind) where just hanging inside the bumper. Any Idea what they are?

Thanks for any help you can offer
IMG 5244
IMG 5252 1

STEP 6: (Note: There is a bolt located on the far edges of each side of the bumper. This is indicated on the left of the photo below. These bolts are different to the other 3 bolts so make sure you don't mix these up.)

Does anyone know the part number for the two bolts on the far edges of each side of the bumper? Mine are missing...

Thanks for the guide, it really helped :)

Just thought it's worth mentioning that on my B8.5 facelift there was an additional bracket clamping the sides of the bumper to the underside of the front wing and I needed to undo these two bolts on each side before it would come off.
IMG 20150815 153445

It's a bit awkward to get your head round the orientation of his photo but this is taken looking vertically upwards from the front corner of the wheel arch with the front of the car to the right, the lip on the left is the lip of the bumper wheel arch and the flat area at the bottom of the photo is the inside of the bumper plastic.

Reactions: ScottishA4B9 and AU11 ALS
If anyone In the north west wants some beer tokens this is a job ive been putting off for 6 month lol
Not joking either, if anyone does send me a message :p

Its not too bad, you only need a few tools and once it's all undone it detaches from the car relatively easily, and even more surprisingly goes back on fairly easily too! I think an hour and a half is pushing it for a first time job but give yourself an afternoon with no time pressure and you'll do it easily.