Audi A4 B8 Fuel Pump replace?

hussnainh8

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know how to replace the fuel pump from a Audi A4 B8 2011? I have heard its not so simple as removing the pump and refitted a new one due to the timing belt driving the fuel pump therefore you have to replace the fuel pump AND the timing belt/make it loose enough to remove the fuel pump.

My car has a no start issue and codes on VCDS showing low pressure in the fuel rail.. I have seen a few videos and everyone points towards the fuel pump being common as aluminium pieces break inside of the fuel pump causing it to stop working... I have today removed the fuel regulator sensor from the fuel pump itself and have seen the aluminium bits inside the pump so can confirm it MUST be the fuel pump that has broken.

How do you replace it and how to get the timing right and replace the belt with it? At least when I have replaced it I can say its had a new timing belt and fuel pump fitted but is it too hard of a job or simple?

Seems quite simple as the timing belt cover is on the front of the engine not on the side so it cant be too hard to remove the cover and fit a new belt and I already have VCDS to bleed the fuel pump ones the new one has been fitted so is it a do able DIY or how much would a garage charge to repair this (Rough price) ?

Thanks.