1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Audi A4 B8 Door Warning Light and Puddle Light retro fit

pns2007 Feb 12, 2010

1. cbeadle2508

cbeadle2508 Registered User

they do look good, you can't grumble about that price for the pair either. Bargain! ;) have you seen the sweeping LED door sills/scuff plates as well? something I thought about but haven't seen the right good quality ones to have a go with yet. Not sure if that might be taking it a bit too far as well.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. AndreBerty

AndreBerty Registered User

I was thinking about it too but I think it will be too much cause I want to install inside foot light but can’t find a good tutorial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. AndreBerty

I think it will be to much, especially cause I plan to install inside foot lights but can’t seam to find a good tutorial about it.

5. cbeadle2508

I did the footwell lights front and rear, I did mine with the red reflector cover though so as the glow matches the OEM red interior ambient lights. can't think which guide I used now though. didn't take long to do them all and is quite straight forward though.

6. cbeadle2508

[​IMG]

Marius_A4 likes this.
  7. AndreBerty

That looks great buddy, I’m looking into fitting red as well. Just need to find that tutorial

8. Marius_A4

Marius_A4 Registered User

9. 6hetyix6

6hetyix6 Registered User

Hi Andrei,
    I'm very new to this forum but would like to grab the opportunity to ask for your help to get these mods done. Would you able to get done the whole job or just the coding ?
    I have an Audi A4 SLine Black Edition B8.5 2.0 TDI 2012.
    Many thanks in advance.
    Attila

Tapatalkkal küldve az én SM-G965F eszközömről

10. 6hetyix6

6hetyix6 Registered User

Hi Andrei,
    I'm very new to this forum but would like to grab the opportunity to ask for your help to get these mods done. Would you able to get done the whole job or just the coding ?
    I have an Audi A4 SLine Black Edition B8.5 2.0 TDI 2012.
    Many thanks in advance.
    Attila

11. AndreBerty

Hi Attila,

I can do the all thing, fit the lights and coding, but you need to buy the lights kit and the logo lights you want (different logos out there) and also depends where you live in case you want me to come over.

Cheers,
    Andrei

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. 6hetyix6

6hetyix6 Registered User

Hi Andrei,
    Thats sound great, I though I will drive down to you as I may not have the tools the job required. Do you think we can talk privately so we can talk about cost and agree where and when the job will be carried out.
    Thanks
    Attila

14. cbeadle2508

The footwell lights and door warning/puddle lights were ordered as a made up loom from @RobinA3. I did the install myself and was able to enable the footwell lights with Carista App, the door warning/puddle lights needed coding with VCDS though. Both installs were pretty straight forward and Robin supplies the required pin terminations for the control modules, so you can’t go wrong.

Be careful removing the door cards as the clips can be a pain and brake easily. With the footwell lights, the control module is tucked right up above the pedals and is a little awkward/uncomfortable to get to, the cutouts for the lights should already all be there so it’s a case of clipping the unit in and feeding the wiring loom under the floor lining and behind the dashboards.

RobinA3 likes this.
  15. cbeadle2508

16. AndreBerty

Did you got my message?

17. 6hetyix6

6hetyix6 Registered User

Hi Adnrei,

Yes, I have received your message, I will give you a call today.

18. AndreBerty

OK.

19. briceportier

briceportier Registered User

Just swapped mine for the red (LED) ones...
    They actually look way better![​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Marius_A4 and cbeadle2508 like this.
  20. Marius_A4

Marius_A4 Registered User

Looks great man nice work,can reduce intensity from mmi i think is too brightness.Anyway i like it.

21. briceportier

briceportier Registered User

The intensity increases when you open the door then dims to about half of what you see on the pic.
    But yes, these are very bright indeed (10 LEDs if I remember correctly)...
    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Marius_A4 likes this.
  22. HavanaClub

HavanaClub Registered User

Hi guys. I'm after a bit of help if possible.

I got a warning and puddle light kit from Ali Express however, somehow over the weekend I've managed to lose 1 of the wiring looms. No idea how or where it is.

Does anyone know anyone who supplies them? I've msgs a guy on here t8ups I think, found his Facebook page and ring him with the number on the, no answer. I've also msgs him on Facebook and so far it's only showing as sent and not delivered.

Is anyone able to help with a wiring loom please? My other option is to order another kit from Ali Express but if I can get away without doing that then all well and good.

Thanks
    Rick

23. cbeadle2508

@RobinA3 should be able to help you out. He did my full set of wiring looms for me. Really helpful guy and good quality workmanship.

24. HavanaClub

HavanaClub Registered User

Thanks for your reply mate. I've managed to get sorted and I've got a new loom on its way.

Just another snag to overcome now tho and I'll be sorted

cbeadle2508 likes this.
  25. micky981

micky981 Registered User

Hi first post forgive me im getting some puddle lights and door warning lights but he live a few miles away 170 miles so coding is going to be a bit of a problem garage down the road does vag coding but he needs the correct codes for my car i have a audi a4 sline 2010 b8 if someone could help ie put some pics up or details where i can get the coding to enable them to work thanks in advance new to all this please help

26. Paul battams

Paul battams Active Member VCDS Map User

[​IMG]

Get to this page go into chassis and it brings up all doors in right hand side 42/52/62/72

27. Paul battams

[​IMG]

Go into the door you want to code press 07 coding

28. Paul battams

[​IMG]

This will get you to screen on left go to long coding helper this will bring up the screen on the right use cursor arrows to get to second box that will then give you a list and just turn on what you want use arrows to get back to start press escape that puts code into box then hit apply code and ok that should be 1 door coded that’s how I’ve just done mine all work a treat
    Good luck

29. Paul battams

[​IMG]

And voila you should have them on

30. Paul battams

Just a quick note I had doors open a while and voltage dropped it wouldn’t let me install the codes make sure battery is well charged I did mine running to make sure it had plenty in the battery

micky981 likes this.
  31. AudiG12KPM

AudiG12KPM Registered User

Hello I know this is an old thread, I'm only reading 8v on pin 16, 3, 8 I want door lights so when I open the door they light up can you help

32. AudiG12KPM

AudiG12KPM Registered User

Hello I know this is an old thread, I'm only reading 8v on pin 16, 3, 8 I want door lights so when I open the door they light up can you help