Audi A4 B8 Door Warning Light and Puddle Light retro fit

well I found you. I am a new member. the article very nice and congratulations. I think to try it but I do not know if I can do it. the images are locked I need to do something so I can see them;

I did it last week
Very easy and straight forward mate.

Contact @RobinA3 for the kit and he provides very good, clear instructions too

please those who have pictures with the cable connections I would like to send me. thank you very much in advance

I don’t have picture sorry but once you take door card off its very easy!!

The white block contains 32 pins. Insert one of the clips from the smaller yellow repair wires into the hole for pin 16 (this is the positive connection). The above photo shows this inserted as the far left wire in the white block. There are tiny numbers shown on the block for the location.

Pin 5 is a common negative terminal and willalready contain a wire. Either splice into this wire or remove it like I did as there is more wireto playwith and insert the other smaller yellow repair wire into this pin 5. You will then need to connectthe wire you have just taken out and splice it into the yellow repair wire. (Hope that makes sense).

Sorry guys. photobucket are playing silly beggars and won't display them. Tried to download but just keep getting pop ups and takes ages. I've therefore deleted my account

you can upload the photos again? really are very useful.
Which photos? The ones in the original post? They are showing for me using the Tapatalk app

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
392ee3c5d2b937581d5d328d15843949.jpg

Can also confirm since installing taptalk app yesterday, pics are now showing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amazing. Thank you very much. I wanted to ask. if I first start from the back doors to test I need coding; I mean to put the lights on only the back doors to see if I'm good or not. will light up without codes;

Στάλθηκε από το Redmi 4A μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Hi, I'm trying to fit puddle lights in my A4 B8 model and I'm in need of help to locate the power wires. Can some one help? I have cut the panels out and they fit in nicely. just not sure where the wires are located within the door panel or do I have to send a feed to the front foot well?

Info is in the first post mate
Use the 32pin blue connector which plugs into door module
Pin 16 = positive
Pin 5 = negative

Activate via vcds
All good to go

I think it's black on the back doors. I have read it in a post. you do not have to be afraid.

Only issue I have there, is that 12 and 13 don't have any wires attached to them.

Only issue I have there, is that 12 and 13 don't have any wires attached to them.
Thats fine mate, the positive pin (12) should be empty anyway
Sometimes the negative has a wire which you would have to splice into, other times thats empty too so just slot it in

can you tell me which one is positive and what is negative? I bought the set and it came that way. do you have any idea how to install?

Attachments

• crop_640x640.jpg
    crop_640x640.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 439
  • 202348_crop_600x600.jpg
    202348_crop_600x600.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 416
The come with the connector goes is the live and the bare wire is the earth

Hi, anyone know what connector and numbers I should be connecting to for the front foot well lights?

Attachments

• Audi A4 reduced.pdf
    324.2 KB · Views: 350
I would like to ask from the moment when the front doors will be programmed will the rear doors also work automatically? or does it need programming for 4 doors? and if so is the same code in front and back?

Hi, anyone know what connector and numbers I should be connecting to for the front foot well lights?

The front footwell lights connect as follows:

Supply wire - pin 17 on the 32 pin connector.
Earth wire - goes to any suitable earthing point.

Just managed to open your attachment this time. It’s the grey connector on the right of your photo.

443942fded52b155cca7b1214331d6f1.jpg

Shown as A5 in that photo.

hello there
first of all, congratulations for your retrofit guide
i did the rear doors (audi a4 b8) and code them using VCDS and everything worked.
But when i did it to the fron t door as well i got the following erro in vcds :
1 Fault Found:
02123 - Door Warning Light / Entry Light
012 - Electrical Fault in Circuit
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01101100
Fault Priority: 3
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 68
Mileage: 117089 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2018.09.08
Time: 17:54:31

Connections for the front door (drivers side) i did :
32pin blue connector which plugs into door module
Pin 16 = positive
Pin 5 = negative

what i did wrong ???
Can anyone help ???

hello there
first of all, congratulations for your retrofit guide
i did the rear doors (audi a4 b8) and code them using VCDS and everything worked.
But when i did it to the fron t door as well i got the following erro in vcds :
1 Fault Found:
02123 - Door Warning Light / Entry Light
012 - Electrical Fault in Circuit
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01101100
Fault Priority: 3
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 68
Mileage: 117089 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2018.09.08
Time: 17:54:31

Connections for the front door (drivers side) i did :
32pin blue connector which plugs into door module
Pin 16 = positive
Pin 5 = negative

what i did wrong ???
Can anyone help ???
Faulse Alarm guys ...
Evereything worked ok (i had wrong connection no 5 - negative)

Faulse Alarm guys ...
Evereything worked ok (i had wrong connection no 5 - negative)

Hi there I’m getting the same error message on vcds and I’ve triple checked the negative and it is connected in the right place with a good connection, any idea what could be causing this?

Hey all,

First thank you @pns2007 for taking time to do this amaizing DIY tutorial!

Secondo I just did this on my Audi A4 B8 SE 2010 2.0 Remap Stage 1 TDI and I want to add a couple of extra bits for all of you out there that are planing to do this:

- Buy and use some proper trim tools - don’t use a screwdriver to prime the plastic trims.

- The clips from the door face are so damn hard to remove and I broken a couple of them and the plastic bits that holds them on the door face:
EFCE1E29 B983 4D1D 9A4C 8C04F171CAC3

so try to be as careful as you can when you remove the door face.

- The rear door connector (as @pns2007 explained) is different; it’s black with a red clip and in the next pic you can see (pointed by the red arrow) how to open it by using a very small screwdriver:

0C7365F4 641C 48C1 BF16 686824CDEE37

It has 16 pins in total and the positive/live wire goes into pin 12 and negative wire into pin 13:
EE341C46 DC2B 4E10 83CF BE5DB99BA2FA

I am sorry I forgot to take a pic after I inserted the wires.

- I bought and used these lights from eBay:

1B2908FC 466E 4E5B A7FF 5CDF4375371B

And two of this (they come 2 in a pac) from Amazon:

2C5AD58A F693 4185 9C9A AB00754512C2

This is the result:

2FD5A3D4 D7CB 4633 8FA9 CF0DFCC49A0B

If it is really dark they will look even better.

Next will do the gloves box and in car foot lights and will come back with pics and info.

If anyone wants to do this but is afraid to do it himself I can help you with it, including coding and clearing errors after.
I leave in Northampton, drop me e message and will talk about it.
I can fit this and do coding for extra options too for Audi, VW, Skoda and Seat.

Cheers,

Andrei

Reactions: 6hetyix6
Hello. Good job you did. I'm going to do retrofitting for door lights, front and rear lights, glovebox. Additionally I would like to mount in the interior door handlles leds like in photo. All the best guys.

Attachments

• 20190114_180056.jpg
    20190114_180056.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 319
Last edited:
Reactions: briceportier
Hello. Good job you did. I'm going to do retrofitting for door lights, front and rear lights, glovebox. Additionally I would like to mount in the interior door handlles leds like in photo. All the best guys.

I quite like the idea of the LEDs in the door handles and always fancied doing it but never got around to it.

Keep us updated on how you get on and some photos of the process you use maybe. Would you tap these into the ambient lighting circuit so as you can control from the MMI?

Reactions: briceportier
The LEDs are at 12 V with the light not the strong matt effect, I do not think it's about to regulate the intensity in the MMI. Door warning and pudlle lights allready i have them.I wait the lights for legs and the gloves box and then I'm going to get the job. I ordered the AdS Facelift switch with the wiring. I will keep you up to date

I used the genuine Audi logo puddle lights when I did my retrofit as I wanted as OEM as possible, they cost a fair bit, but the light quality is top notch (in my opinion anyway)

5e31d5ffc8655c2867f604939cb07fc4.jpg

I used the genuine Audi logo puddle lights when I did my retrofit as I wanted as OEM as possible, they cost a fair bit, but the light quality is top notch (in my opinion anyway)

Top notch quality light here too:

A1C404E7 72C9 4F2A AC3E AF452A95C4F0

And I think they had the ones just with the rings too and only £9.99 per box (2 in the box).