Audi A4 B8 AMI issue

M90KKL

Reaction score
hi all,

Has anyone ever had this issue;

Tried with an iPhone 5s and iphone 6 running IOS 8.02, whenever I connect my phone the AMI loads the device and will play tracks in my phone for a few seconds then it disconnects itself and displays "no device connected" then it will reconnect again, and it will do this constantly!

Audi garage says they can't fault the system and the AMI has the latest s/w. They're trying to tell me I may have corrupt files on my ITunes!

Help if you can!

Thanks

Did you have any problems prior to iOS 8? There have been reports of Bluetooth connectivity problems with iOS 8.

Perhaps you could borrow a friends phone running previous iOS to test?

Be patient mate, iOS 8.1 will be out soon that is supposed to fix all these quirks.
I have an iPhone 6 and my device cuts off when trying to use bluetooth.
Not tried the ami to see if that does the same but I know that both ami and iPhone 5 worked perfect with iOS 7.
Pain in the ar5e to say the least ;)

Only way to fix it is probably the same fix as the Bluetooth issue, reset all settings...did this and all worked fine, then failed again, so now having to reset at least twice a week, but use my work phone to do so, and just divert my personal phone to that as too much hassle to keep changing settings on that.
Next iOS update will be out with new iPad in November

Reactions: RobbieWebs
I just plug a iPod touch into the glove box with a lead to ami and leave it there

Reactions: RobbieWebs
Excited myself mate, Bluetooth not working in the car is doing my head in lol

Well heads up, the 8.1 update fixed my Bluetooth, I'm sure the ami is the same