1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Audi A4 B8 170 help with tunning box DTUK

Jasext Mar 5, 2019

1. Jasext

Jasext New Member

Hi Guys new to the forum and looking for help.

I have the older DTUK box with pins and trying to get it setup properly. I have read loads and loads and done quite a bit of searching but still cant find the answers.Even had a quick chat with Andrew online.
    I have had the box a few weeks and cant seem to find the right settings.
    I have tried all the maps 1-4 and all the fine settings on each one, each map i started off on 0 then 10% and 20% ,
    There was hardly any difference in each map on 0 and 10%, But each map on 20% i could feel the difference and here is the issue, at 20% on each map the car ran terrible and jerky, on cruise it would seem to keep adjusting itself to hold the speed.

Has anyone else had this problem setting these up ?

This is what i cant understand after reading all about these tuning boxes?
    If i had a remap (which i had done previously on a VW T4) they are standard maps for all T4's with the same engine, for instance , i had my T4 2.5 go for 102 bhp to 138 bhp with improved torque. This map would be used for all similar T4s with a 2.5

Why is it that these boxes do not have a standard setting for each vehicle with a similar engine?

If for instance someone had used Map 3+2 and had they're car go from 170 to 200 why cant this be used on all the same ones?

Also i have read the car needs to learn each map,why would this be the case if it is a program ?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Jasext

Jasext New Member

No one able to help?