zhussain087

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Audi A4 B8 1.8T with 120k on the clock. i currently have 160bhp and want that extra bit of power through the rev range. I want to know if anyone has experienced any issues after stage 1 remap, because of the miles on the car i dont want to put extra strain on the engine and turbo and wear it out quicker. Would a stage 1 remap not put much strain on the engine? I have contacted a few places and they say typically +50bhp gain from this which would be enough for what i want from the car.

Thanks in advance.

Remapping generally does put extra strain on the engine and components however a reputable/knowledgeable company will not push anything past its limits. If your car's generally solid, has no issues and is well serviced I'd go for it.

one of the companies ive used before is CCTuning and they carry out a pre-engine health check. I only ever use the best stuff on the engine and parts and service it regularly.

In that case if it were my car I would get it booked in.

As a side note, the 1.8T engine is prone to a few issues (piston/piston ring failure comes to mind, I'm sure there's a few more) but If it's showing no signs and using little oil I wouldn't worry - if it's going to fail from that I doubt a remap would make much difference either way.

Yes i have read with regards to piston and piston ring failures. The car has been good to me and uses very little oil and its my daily runner. Ive only had the car for 8 months but it runs just fine.