Audi A4 B7 retrofits

Faisal123

Reaction score
Hi guys! Im pretty new here! I have a 2005 B7 Audi A4 1.9tdi. It is pretty standard, so far i have fitted a flat bottom sw from a TT and fitted the RNS-e from a seat exeo! I have just bought a donor car that has front and rear parking sensors, bose sound system and xenons fitted! I want to fit all of the above to my car but what I want to know is do I take the wiring from donor car and make it a replacement for the wiring in my car?

Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance

Hi Faisal

Having done pretty much the same with a donor car myself, I would say the Xenons, very simple with a Kufatec wiring adaptors. BOSE, not so much. This is the one retrofit I have not been able to complete so far. There is significant wiring changes required and not remotely close to a straight swap

It can definitely be done, I have saw one post of someone who has successfully completely it. But it's like a 10 year old post and the member is no longer active

So possible, but realistically not a direct swap

Best of luck

Reactions: Charlie Farley
As @tr7said the xenons are pretty easy, the oem pdc is pretty straight forward too if you have all the donor parts. I did it on my b7

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Its all about having parts and all the rights parts. :icon thumright:

What are the legal implications of fitting the xenon lights? Is it mandatory to fit the levelling sensors and washers too? Would love to do it, its the top of my mod list, but only as long as it won't invalidate my insurance in the case of an accident!

forget the headlamp washers as you'll need a different front bumper complete with washers etc or bare and then get the washers etc ,and the other parts , then you'll need it resprayed to match your car.

I wouldn't suspect you'll suffer any insurance based implications. I've havd mine fitted 6 months or so now and have never had any issues so far. I've had the odd on coming car flash me due to the brightness, but there by no means offensive, especially compared to the awful LED headlights on newer cars, and i have the off road versions of the OSRAM DS1 bulbs.

As for the lack of auto levelling system... at somepoint i may fit this, but for the time being I've manually set the range as pet specs on a beam setter, as they would be on an MOT. I found i never adjusted the beam range anyway, even when loaded.

Alex

I missed a few bits too with regards to the rules and regs...

Most cars with factory fit xenon headlights will have headlamp washes and auto levelling.

On an MOT, if your car has headlight washes fitted, but not working it will be an advisory or fail.

With regards to the auto levelling, that may come down to how keen your tester is.