Audi a4 B7 Home made air filter Heatshield

Bradazbsak

Always been Totally against cone filters, iv tried loads of them on different cars and every time they have just lost power , sounded good but car drove like ****, anyway iv been running the standard airbox with a pipercross panel filter and a few holes drilled in the bottom of the box to de restrict it, sounded good and actually performed a bit better than stock.
The other day my mate was breaking his a4 avant so i took a few bits from it like centre armrest n stuff, looking in the engine bay i saw the big piece of heatshield i thought i might make a temporary heatshield and try a filter out,
Anyway i took out my airbox today separated it in half so that the airfilter could sit in the box with the cold air feeds , i then cut the heatshield to a ruff fit (slightly larger) then started to trim it down so that i goes below the turbo/cat, but wide enough to block heat from front to back, then bent it over the top of the box using a straight edge
image.jpg
looks rubbish at the min but just be patient!
I then Made a bracket to hold the heatshield inplace and also made a bracket to hold the filter tight up to the cold air feeds. I then perfected the shield and sprayed it black to match the engine bay
image.jpg
Then i fitted everything back together and this is the finished result
image.jpg
Looks quite OEM in my opinion,
I took her for a hard spin and when i returned i popped the bonnet and the heat from the turbo was really hot, i fed my hand into the box and it was freezing cold so im satisfied that i have completely protected my filter from heatsoak.
So there you go, except from the filter as i had that kicking about here you have a completely free and effective modification that doesnt look half bad.
What do you all think???

jay1601

i done the same thing to mine aswell, used the heat sheild from under a mates bmw when i was breaking it for him