AUDI A4 B7 Convertible Window Regulator broke?!

shaz

Reaction score
hi Guys.

My window regulator has decided to give way on my B7 cab - drivers side front.

Iv had a look online ie GSF, eurocarparts, Ebay but there doesn’t seem to be any aftermarket parts available

Has anyone ever bought a drivers side front regulator for a B7 cab or is it a dealer part only?

If so how much is it from TPS...?

Thanks in advance.

There are a ton of aftermarket manufacturers for B6/B7 sedan front window regulators, shouldn't be any different for cabriolet. I replaced both front ones on my B7 and on my brothers B6 with yet another supplier (don't recall the name).

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Hey guys. I was looking for a complete regulator not just a repair kit because I’d struggle to fit a repair kit.

I’d rather buy the whole regulator with metal frame in order to bolt on easier.

There are a ton of aftermarket manufacturers for B6/B7 sedan front window regulators, shouldn't be any different for cabriolet. I replaced both front ones on my B7 and on my brothers B6 with yet another supplier (don't recall the name).

Surely the saloon and convertibles will be different as the door is bigger...?

Surely the saloon and convertibles will be different as the door is bigger...?
I'm not implying that they are the same, just that as sedan and avant have a choice in aftermarket parts regarding the regulator, I presumed that cabriolet wouldn't be left out.
I checked now to be sure and this is the list of manufacturers that make window regulators for a4 b7 carbriolet: VAICO, JOHNS, TOPRAN, MEYLE, METZGER.

I'm not implying that they are the same, just that as sedan and avant have a choice in aftermarket parts regarding the regulator, I presumed that cabriolet wouldn't be left out.
I checked now to be sure and this is the list of manufacturers that make window regulators for a4 b7 carbriolet: VAICO, JOHNS, TOPRAN, MEYLE, METZGER.

Thanks il have a look if any of these are suppliers in the Uk

Just done mine if you need any advice , only changed the cable . Thanks

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

As maxwan said above. I also did mine a few weeks ago and just replaced the cable. Its was a pain and took 2 of us to get the cable onto the wheel.

I still have a slight issue, that i think must be to do with my fitting of the window. It make noises and pinging. I think i need to loosen things off a bit and adjust the window.

I would advise that its a 2 man job.

Good luck

A lot easier if you get a kit which comes like an original - with those metal rails where window comes down.

A lot easier if you get a kit which comes like an original - with those metal rails where window comes down.

I did look for one, but could only find the replacement cable.

Its different from the saloon so seems hard to find maybe ?