• Oil pump module failure

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Oil pump balance shaft sprocket failure

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Daves1972

A4 2.0TFSI Black Edition
Reaction score
This is what happened to my A4 2.0Tfsi with 61000 miles and full Audi service history .
Lucky for me when I heard a rattle I got the car to the garage and had the sump removed,to see some teeth
Missing from the oil pump sprocket.
Phoned Audi as the balance shaft had failed £1200 for a new one.
After lots of searching found a company called Exact Engineering (+44) 02830257222 Who not only fixed the balance shaft
(Now hardened) repaired the cast on the oil pump module and made me a hardened sprocket for a third of the cost of a new
Oil pump module.
Can't thank them enough they are the best.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    855.4 KB · Views: 5,170
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    840.3 KB · Views: 2,232
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,502
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2,040
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,079
Reactions: grainqey
**** luck mate.

Ye sadly this is the issue even with having a full Audi service history this still can happen.

I would have taken it to Audi and spoken to them about it. Considering the vehicle has a full Audi service history they have may have done a good will gesture towards the replacement.

None the less its fixed now.

Happy motoring :)

**** luck mate.

Ye sadly this is the issue even with having a full Audi service history this still can happen.

I would have taken it to Audi and spoken to them about it. Considering the vehicle has a full Audi service history they have may have done a good will gesture towards the replacement.

None the less its fixed now.

Happy motoring :)
I did phone Audi and they weren't interested and I know one of the managers personally ,
still fixed and better than Audi quality .
Many thanks

Thought it was only dirty diesels that suffered oil pump issues

Yep design flaw on b7 tfsi as well as oil burners, I think the oil pump module
Was revised on the b8 and is gear driven .

Seen this loads of times. Very lucky you didnt need a new engine. They usually rip the teeth off the crank aswell when the chain jams. Very very lucky

Reactions: grainqey
Seen this loads of times. Very lucky you didnt need a new engine. They usually rip the teeth off the crank aswell when the chain jams. Very very lucky
Thanks mate, I didn't feel that lucky at the time but knowing now what could have happened I
Certainly do .

Thanks mate, I didn't feel that lucky at the time but knowing now what could have happened I
Certainly do .
I can imagine. Its not nice. But if it could have been a better scenario, i would definitely say yours was a good result from an otherwise bad situation. Atleast its fixed. Thats the main thing

Yep best way to look at it many thanks Craig

Reactions: Craig Cull
mine went the other day, the balance shafts are seized but only the actual bolt for the shafts sheared off and I felt when It had gone but was hard to tell what had actually gone!