audi a4 b7 2.0T 200bhp s line

steebo888

Reaction score
Hi

Has anyone got one of these including the quattro?
Just wandering how they are and what mpg people get. Looking at a non quattro which is rated at 42mpg which seems very good considering petrol is over 10% cheaper than diesel making this cheaper to run or very close to the diesel equivalent

At the moment im set on getting a mk5 golf gti, but have been looking at the A4 which has the same engine but will be better suited for me doing over 25k a year mainly motorway miles

I have a 2.0T FSI 197BHP Quattro and i get about 35mpg max on a good run (Manchester to Scotland)

I do about 1k miles aweek and never really get more than 33mpg, about 400 / 450 on a tank.

i drive the special edition version which is 20bhp more than the standard 2.0t and i get 35-36mpg on motor way

I have an A4 Avant S-Line Quattro with the 2.0T engine. I get 31mpg all round, or 35 on a motorway run.

I had the Golf GTI prior to this, and although it is the better driver's car, I found the ride too harsh on motorways (and I only had the 17" Monza alloys on mine).

I love my A4 so far - it's a great all rounder. I plan to get it remapped once I'm out of warranty, should then have similar throttle response to the GTI.

Hope this helps, feel free to PM me if you have more questions, given that I've just sold my GTI (had it for almost 2 years) and now have the A4 - so I know where you're coming from!

A diesel's worth getting if you do more than 18k miles, any less and you may as well get petrol due to the difference in cost of petrol vs diesel, and cost of diesel car vs petrol. This was taken from an article I read a while back in a news article about it.