Audi A4 B7 2.0 TDI PROBLEMS PROBLEMS PROBLEMS.... HELP!!!!

Dohhhh !!!! My car TDi just died, came up low pressure warning then lost power, think it's the oil pump :(

hi, I have the exact same problem as you, same noise, exactly the same symptoms, my noise is coming out of the air intake, when I remove the airbox the sound is more clear. I reckoned my turbo and brand new egr, but the noise is still there and it was never there when I bought the car, I have a 2005 Audi A4 b7 2.0tdi. There are no fault codes on my car and no one can tell me what it is. Have you ever managed to find your problem? I don't know where to search anymore. Please help
Seems like as good a post as any to put a question out there...

A4 B7 TDI 2.0 170 2008 - have a noise under acceleration/boost - can only be described as kind of a grinding/spinning noise (don't think I could call it a whooshing) - have just had the turbo swapped under extended warranty but noise still there - any experts point me in the right direction? What would a boost leak sound like? Many thanks :)

Dohhhh !!!! My car TDi just died, came up low pressure warning then lost power, think it's the oil pump :(

This happened my car around November also and it was my Oil pump.. Cost a lot of money to fix!! Also have the issue with the heaters blowing cold air, thinking of selling up!

This happened my car around November also and it was my Oil pump.. Cost a lot of money to fix!! Also have the issue with the heaters blowing cold air, thinking of selling up!
If you've had the oil pump sorted you'd be mad to sell up

80% of that cost was probably unnecessary, just me being anal about everything and a fair chunk of modifying stuff too

Lot of money tho bud, I know they are great looking cars but jesus if you think what you could have bought with that money that's how I look at it lol

Didn't want out else mate looked at far newer bmw's, audi's, vw's and even Volvo's out of desperation (I needed a diesel estate) researched all of them on forums and they are all ticking time bombs apparently.

Found a good place in Byker, Newcastle, they fixed and mod'ed my oil pump for £350 and the new turbo cost about the same but turbos are easy enough to do ............. But now the ****** engine light is on?, ..... Think the glow plugs need changed and a new rocker cover gasket ...... But after that the next job will be pushing it off a cliff , am ready to throw in the towel

I has the issue with the heater blowing cold // luke warm etc.. you need to change the matrix radiator in the car (easy job) no dash out!!
changed mine last week at a cost of 80 quid from europarts and took an hour to do!... open driver door and you will see a small panel on end of dash, look closely at bottom of the panel and there is a small screwdriver slot to pop panel off. take off panel and there is a 8mm bolt on left bottom (undo)... next there is a panel under the steering wheel, not the cowering.. if you look under this panel towards left hand side, there is another 8mm bolt (undo).
next drop panel down and unclip foot well light and OBD socket (easy) and remove panel and place in boot... Next look in left in drivers foot well and there is a small plastic cover held in with 2 x bolts (sort of a triangle shape-you will know when you see it ).. remove this panel and now you can see the end of the radiator and the 2 x pipes coming from the engine.. these have 2 x hose clips. undo the clips (allen key)and move them up out of the way. Next the hardest part, these pipes have to be moved out of the radiator (they slide inside) BE VERY CAREFUL AND DO NOT USE ANY METAL INSTRUMENTS TO PULL APART!!!,, the metal pipes are soft aluminium and if damaged you will have lots of work!!!... I sprayed the joins with WD40.. GREAT TIP-tie the clutch pedal done out of the way with a cable tie (to steering column)for more room.. ..next, get upside down in the foot well and move pipes back and forth gently and you will see the joint coming apart.. eventually they will separate and come out... the matrix radiator then slides out into the drivers foot well.. its a tight fit but will clear!!.. HOORAY so too recap 4 x bolts and 2 x hose clips and DO BE CAREFUL WITH ALLY pipes ..I will also state I did try cleaning the matrix out , however its the channels inside that clog up and you will not clean it!.. the water will go in one port and out the other giving the illusion its clear , but its not!! the channels in the matrix are dead end pipes and the water will bypass these and still come out the other port, CHANGE IT FOR A NEW ONE!.....
HOPE THIS HELPS EVERYONE ELSE.. if stuck look on you tube and there is an Irish lad showing you how to do this..
my car is an A4 2005 Sline 2.0 TDI B7 BLB....

Just an update on this ..if anyone needs to change the matrix radiator and take out it is really simple in the B7 !! Firstly open bonnet and in the centre of the bulkhead you will see 2 rubber hoses one above the other ..undo the clips and remove the bottom one tonrelase water pressure (when cold) .. next Open fuse cover on end of dash driver side and remove the 8mm bolt holding the shelf under steering wheel column.. then undo the other 2x 8mm bolts holding shelf up..where your knees are sat in the driver seat.. once dropped remove footwell light connector and OBD plug and remove shelf. Now go under by pedals and zip cord clutch pedal down.. next look to your left of pedals and you will see a small plastic panel held on by 2 to 3 small bolts ..remove this panel.. now you should see the 2 matrix pipes with bracket joints..undo these and a small trickle of water made come out so get ready with a towel..when these are undone the matrix radiator will slide out towards the pedals.. hope this helps ..PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE PIPES FOR THE MATRIX AND THE ONES UNDER THE BONNET ARE ALUMINIUM AND VERY FRAGILE TAKE CARE !

Reactions: Sidrick