Audi A4 b7 2.0 tdi Advant (quattro)

cmgreen

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am currently looking at renewing our car, A3 57 plate, sline 2.0 tdi 140. We love the car, except it could be just a little bit bigger, always wanted a Quattro. What are your thoughts?

The a3 is excellent on fuel, mapped to 170, always get 50-60 mpg where ever we go, unless the need for speed kicks in!

I know enough to stay away from the 140 a4 (blb engines) due to oil pump failure, but how are people finding the 170 with dpf?

Your thoughts are most grateful

I have an A3 and an S4 Avant. The S4 is only a little bigger ,about 300mm. longer but does seem a lot roomier for family use. I'm steering clear of derv's now, they are a lot more expensive to fix now they have EGR & DPF's fitted. All in all, just more complicated.
If you are not doing Taxi type mileage, go for a petrol A4 Avant is my advice these days.

As much as I love my B7 Quattro 2.0 TDi Avant, the mpg is shocking - at best I get 41/42 on a motorway. Around town it's 30/32.
I can't get all my kit in it either, so will be looking at an A6 next year.
It is a great car other than that though!

I'd agree with Pedrödelabongo - I love my B7 Quattro 2.0 TDi Avant, but I have that nagging doubt that I never had with my B6 TDi 130. Now if they had've done the B7 1.9 TDi 115 with Quattro, that might have been worth a remap and would probably have done half
a million miles!