Audi A4 B6 Avant supspention question...

Black_Avant

Reaction score
Basically I recently got my self an a4 Avant and I need it lowering but im really struggling to find a decent kit for the right price, I don't really wanna fork out £££'s on coilovers as i have a 5 day old baby girl and I don't want it to be uncomfortable for either me, the misses or our little girl.

Does anyone know where i can get a cheap decent set of lowering springs for it?

Also are the avants the same as the convertibles suspension?

I may consider a set of coilovers if there not silly priced and not too cheap that there uncomfortable..

Any ideas???

Many Thanks.

I've got eibach springs ! The ride is still sound , good job coz I've got 2 kids !!
Can't rate them highly enough !

And where did you get them from? Where they expensive and do you know if the avant has the same as the convertible?

I got mine locally , about £180 ! I know DPM, Awesome etc supply them !
Wouldn't have a clue whether they're the same as a cab , sorry !

Cool, may have a look into that. Cheers :) im not sure if it is the same or not..

If you haven't got the sport model you could always find a cheap second hand set of genuine sport springs. They will not drop the car to the floor but it will sit lower than the SE model.

As mentioned, if you have an SE a set of Eibachs from DPM will give you a proper 30mm drop. The Sport which is 20mm lower is a bit more involved as you get less drop for your money.

The Avant and Cab's often share the same part numbers for springs, but I've never tested how accurate that information is!

B5 spring cups will drop the front a further 15mm and even out the gap front to rear. Avants sit a lot lower at the rear for some reason.