1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi A4 B6 Avant 2.0fsi 2004/ EPC Light , Stalling

ANTB6 Dec 3, 2018

1. ANTB6

ANTB6 New Member

Hi there
    I have a Audi A4 b6 2004 2.0 FSI estate
    The Car was sat for 12 months not used.
    The Battery plenum filled with water and drained into the passenger footwell and battery died due to cold weather at the same time.

Before it died on me the only fault was a battery drain issue that i planned to sort out at later time and a right indicator on front headlight that won't work even after checking fuses ect
    also as a note Before battery died central locking worked fine via the key fob also...

After the battery died and footwell flooded the stereo didn't work anymore
    The interior lights didn't work, the Windows didn't work and the central locking also

I was told that it would be the CCM so lifted carpet found lots of sitting water and ccm was soaked

Ordered a new ccm on eBay plugged so dried out the car in the meantime
    Plugged in the new CCM the interior lights instantly started to work again
    The Windows work again now too HAPPY

the stereo works again after changing the fuse in the head unit itself

Still not resolved NOT SO HAPPY its starting to annoy me bad as i dont have help

Faults that remain:

The car locks by the key but not the fob , changed battery and no change

There is a battery drain on the car that existed from before the car flooded been disconnecting battery to stop it draining overnight as even fully charged it drains in 12 hrs or so

Most alarming fault that scares me:

The car has also gained a new fault now every now and the car stalls it seems to cut out while driving EPC flashes up on the dash and the power steering cuts out this lasts a few seconds then the car kicks back in .

it happened today was in 3rd gear driving along the road cars behind me and it juddered and stalled epc light on dash i was still rolling at about 45mph so i turned the key in the ignition off then back one click forward and it juddered and started driving normal epc light went off and this then didnt happen for another few hours

I know after changing the CCM that the problems can't be that anymore so I'm now lost to what can be causing the other problems

People on Audi forum report similar problems and said a crankshaft sensor may fix the stalling issue anyone have any ideas ?

thanks in advance Ant

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. ANTB6

ANTB6 New Member

also it seems to happen more when engine is warm wich i find strange

4. stevey83

stevey83 New Member

If your still on the same battery and its been flat before i would change the battery first. Its probably knackered.

5. ANTB6

ANTB6 New Member

should have stated earlier the battery is new , that was the one that was drained within 12hrs of being put on the car . so the battery drain is somethin i need to sort out for sure.. the stalling issue where the epc light comes on ther dash never happened in the past even with this battery drain problem its anew problem

6. Nollywood

Nollywood B7 420-R Avant Team Votex Team V8 Audi RS6 Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro Manual

Crank sensor fault symptom.