1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi a4 b5 1.8t question about flywheel conversion

Revoltas Mar 3, 2019

1. Revoltas

Revoltas New Member

Hello first of all, so Im trying to figure out will 1.9 tdi single mass flywheel + its clutch kit will fit on 1.8t a4 b5? and from which i should chose I mean (66 74 81 96) or all are same? i only found that somebody did actually fit it but all messages were about 5 yrs old or older..
    Im running r18 wheels and after about 2 months i started to feel slipping and even more after i got chip tuned. So atm i cant do any redline or anythink like that cuz i will tottaly toast it

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Bradderz_1988

Bradderz_1988 Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

I did it to mine some years back you will need the following bits.

Flywheel-
    Audi 80/1Z solid flywheel(redrilled for the pressure plate you will be using)
    shorter flywheel bolts

Clutch-
    Audi S2 3B 240mm clutch kit from a certain year/engine cant remember which but ABY seems to spring to mind ?

Or

S4 B5 240mm friction plate coupled with a VW LT van pressure plate from AGK/ATA engine.

genuine 1.8T release bearing

4. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

If your not planning on doing anything fancy with the turbo, then just fit a new standard clutch. If the flywheel is knackered, replace it with a new standard DMF.

Theres not a great deal of point swapping to a single mass on a stock car and it has downsides.