audi a4 avant tdi, 2003

darcar

Reaction score
Hi all.
Looking for advice, just noticed water swishing about around the battery area which has a plastic cover over this area, i am assuming there is a blocked drainage pipe, probably with leaves etc.

I decided to take battery out to see if there is a drainage hole underneath battery, but checked if i had a radio code first, well i do not have a radio code, audi want £25 to get radio code.

Can anyone tell me why i have water building up, only when it rains or i wash car, never happened before, also is there anyway of finding radio code, and is there a drainage hole in this part of the housing that could be blocked. not much room in there to check.
Any advise would be a great help.
Darcar

You don't need the radio code. The radio will recognise your car, so it won't ask for a code. It's only if you swap the radio over into another car that it will ask for the code.

Hi arthurfuxake.

Thanks for your reply, i guess audi dealers don't want to tell us that. Thanks again.

darcar

the drain hole is likely in the centre at the bottom or the lowest point it can be at mate. There should be a rubber tube going down from the drain at the firewall to run the water onto the road.

A knitting needle or wire coat hanger should be good enough to unblock it if its crap down the tube.

If you cant clear it, you might want to drill a small hole (5mm) to drain the water and paint the edges of the hole with a touch up pen when its dry.