1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi A4 avant front subframe compatibility

Boabee Sep 18, 2018

1. Boabee

Boabee New Member

Hi,
    I have been told by the garage my 2003 Audi A4 tdi avant requires a new front subframe fitted for it to pass it's mot. The exact required part number of the subframe seems to be "8e039931" for the B6 model. I currently have a front subframe with the party number "8D039931". Does anyone know if this part will fit my car and save me having to buy another one. They look very similar but the "8D039931" model has extra parts in the middle of the arms.
    Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Robert

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. SemedoB6

SemedoB6 Black and white a4

just did an image Search and looks like mounting points are the same! 8D is showing a subframe from a passat, which should fit the A4 B6. But I'm not 100% sure. I'm just guessing.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

4. Boabee

Boabee New Member

Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I thought they both looked very similar. I'm just not completely sure it will be the same dimensions, but with the added middle parts on the arms.

5. SemedoB6

SemedoB6 Black and white a4

No problem! Happy to help! soon as I saw it I understood what you were talking about. I think they're there just for added strength.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

6. joinerman

joinerman Well-Known Member

I had to replace my one on my b6 got one off eblag ( second hand ) when it arrived it said b7 on it called TPS & they said it will fit, they were right.

7. Nollywood

Nollywood B7 420-R Avant Team Votex Team V8 Audi RS6 Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro Manual

B6 Quattro manual 2001 - 2003 will run a B5-type subframe.
    B6 Quattro manual 2003 - 2005 will run a B7-type subframe.

If your B6 has traditional side-mounted transmission brackets, you can use a B5 2.4 / 2.8 or S4 manual subframe.
    If your B6 has a single transverse cradle to support the transmission, you’ll need the B6 2003 onwards subframe.

8. Fridge

Fridge New Member

Where did you get that info @Nollywood ?
    Is it accurate? As I have to replace the subframe on my Audi A4 3.0L V6 Quattro (2001)

9. Nollywood

Nollywood B7 420-R Avant Team Votex Team V8 Audi RS6 Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro Manual

From experience.

I replaced a rusty subframe on a 2002 B6 3.0 Quattro, with one from a B5 2.8 01A. Direct fit, no modification required.

Fridge likes this.
  10. Fridge

Fridge New Member

That's interesting, and worrying, as I've been given the part number 8e0 399 313 BD which appears to be from a later car. My car is a saloon, but I cannot see there being much, if any, of a difference. Hopefully my original subframe may still have a part number attached to it.

Thanks for your prompt response @Nollywood.

11. joinerman

joinerman Well-Known Member

There's normally a white sticker with the part number stuck on the underside, you may be able to see it but you may have to remove the belly pan.

Fridge likes this.
  12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. Fridge

Fridge New Member

Unfortunately @joinerman, I cannot locate the sticker. Perhaps it came off in the past 17 years?