Audi A4 Avant 3.0 V6 Quattro 2003

Cheers john. 2 days later pain is horrible. more the mouth than any thing else. face is getting better though can see a big difference.

Received my votex front air dam today heres a quick picture to ilistrate. Think speed humps maybe a pain now.

IMG_20121012_111138.jpg

Also ordered a new key as the main one is getting tatty. A RamAir filter and going to make my own heatshield.

Got my Ram air filter today. Unsure weather to make a nice metal pipe push it towards the front of the car and make a heatshield and intake all in one. or just make a heatshield like the Jabbasport one i had on the leon with the standard air intake to match.

IMG_1276.jpg

Sorry for the late reply' Wheels are 8.5J all around ET35

Well no real update' Getting the paint and bumper fitted after winter now as makes alittle sense to me' Ordered a new 3 button flip key a while back and they sent 2 out which was alittle result. still yet to transfer over' Have no real go lately but if this week isnt busy thinking of starting to make the induction kit i have in mind using the Ram Air filter.

IMG_1283.jpg

Lovely car, I like the way you look after it...

Cheers was due to come off the road today' for a month so i could get time to do the cam belt kit' new track rod ends. all new control arms and front end respray and maybe wheel colour change' But the Works ford ranger decided to crack its head. with a bit of look might get a 4wd v6 jaguar X type tomorrow and use it for a month

WHERE did you get the votex bits!! I have been hunting high and low for weeks now and cant find 1 single piece :(

^^^ yeah think the breakers yards is my next stop. Any recommendations? Also do you have any pics of your car as its exactly the same as mine and I haven't seen many in this colour that are modded.

Took the car off the road last week' and now in no rush but started this morning to get a few jobs done.

Timing Belt kit
Water pump
Some bushes etc
New Wings
Votex kit
Front end respray
Joey Mod headlights (if i can mange to split them)

Belt2_zps26774801.jpg

Belt1_zps355afd09.jpg

Nice to have the ability to take it off the road and do the jobs at your own pace, without being subject to the pressure of time. Good luck.

Very busy to be honest with jobs during the day' the inlaws project. also putting a body on a wagon for him too. his ranger needs a new engine. its all go. all i can say is its quiet interesting removing the front end some well hidden stuff

Glad to see some progress Paul :)

I really should start a build thread too tbh

Il start tomorrow mate. Getting fibre optic in, I've been using my iPhone Internet for time being.

So you'll see it up Tmra

Lovely car, looks the same as mine before you modded it, same wheels and same black / charcoal colour. Mines only a 2.0 petrol though and that seem thirsty enough! I'd love that spoiler for mine.

Only picture what i have from today' Painted the Cam covers' Asked for VHT crackle red to be sent down and they sent smooth, Couldnt be bothered so just used it and was happy with it. The picture looks alittle odd as used an Iphone and had a flare light on so doesnt look really red like it does. Also managed to get all the new Pulley's Roller's and tensioners on along with New metal impellar water pump. Just the belt to get on now and that will be Monday

487417_583600891652082_511116916_n_zps20d012eb.jpg

received my new pair of wings this morning' 5am heard the letter box go. half 6 went down stairs to find a note' sorry didnt want to disturb you, your audi wings are under your car on the drive.

735085_586286478050190_13249730_n_zps8981a269.jpg

Last edited:
Top job...

Will you be doing the inlet manifold too in red I think it looks better all matching IMO

m5_zps9d82e161.jpg

Last edited:
that looks far too much i think was going to do them crackle black but like them the slightly dark silver. looks more oem / classy. a seller on ebay James i thought they where good price tgoo. next day delivery well more like 12hrs :)

I see, going to end up with the OEM B7 RS4 look to it.

Also I wouldn't say mine looks any less classy.

Never meant that just meant the red on the inlet is abit too much for me, if I was going to do it I would be doing black but like the dark silver to break it up abit and like it against the red, thinking of going purple wheels so the bottle caps might sbe going purple with a purple strut brace

Some good progress, like it alot! - surprising how similar the 2.5TDi V6 and Petrol V6 engines are - pretty much all the pulleys & ancillaries are in the same place.

Did your wings come pre-painted? I need to replace mine.

just dont have the time for that but would be nice :(

didnt get much done today' Fitted All four new front upper arms with new Track rod ends' Replaced all the bolts with new ones too' Also quickly under sealed the inside of the new wings.

IMG_0096_zps5e9ede11.jpg

IMG_0097_zpsa99de80a.jpg

Love what you did with the cam covers. Looks very OEM like on the RS5 I've seen.

What branded arms did you use?

hi, great looking car, loveing what youve done with it :) I have just bought myself a black quattro sport, v6, 3.0 too, and first thing i want to do is change the wheels on it ! but im confused on wheel specs, can you help at all please ? is it pcd 112 and et 45 ? i really want a set of rs4 alloys like these on good ol flea bay 18 INCH AUDI RS 4 ALLOY WHEELS | eBay

just dont have the time for that but would be nice :(

didnt get much done today' Fitted All four new front upper arms with new Track rod ends' Replaced all the bolts with new ones too' Also quickly under sealed the inside of the new wings.

IMG_0096_zps5e9ede11.jpg

IMG_0097_zpsa99de80a.jpg
paul how much all four top arms cost ya?
Mine need doing, I've got new bolts.

plus track rod ends too. cheers mate