Audi A4 amplified aerial not working with amplifier for Sub

ministrymason

Reaction score
Hi,

Yesterday I fitted an amplifier and sub into my Audi A4 B7. I connected the remote wire of the new amplifier to the blue and white remote turn on lead on the wiring loom. When this is connected, the radio doesn’t work. It just has a buzzing sound, not the normal white noise sound. If I disconnect the remote wire for the new amplifier it works again.

I am using a PC5-52 amplified aerial. I have tried connecting the amplided aerial to the, blue and white, remote turn on wire as well as the new amplifier. I have also tired connecting the amplified aerial to the blue POWER ANT wire. Do you have any recommendations? Why would connecting the new amplifier to the remote turn on, stop this amplified aerial from working?

The amplfier and wub work fine when playing music through USB. There is no buzzing sound then. Only when using the radio.

Thanks

Amplified Aerial – PC5-52
11h4do3.jpg

Audi Steering Wheel Stalk Control - DS-AD003.2
30aaxag.jpg

Wiring loom Alpine Stereo
izclcl.jpg

I've tried connecting the aerial power lead to

Red - ignition
Blue - power Ant
Blue and white - remote turn on

It works perfectly on any of the above until I connect the remote turn on lead for my amplifier.

I have tried connecting the turn on lead to blue and white and red. The amplifier works in either but then the radio can't find a signal and makes a hummming noise.

Could it be that the amplifier isn't earthed properly?

I have tried running a new remote wire to the headunit in case it was interference form something else. But still the radio doesn't work when it's connected.