Audi a4 2002 b6 1.9tdi pd130 awx

Slwells8954

Reaction score
Hi looking for ideas to make her over 200 dhp. At the moment I have cat back straight through exhaust pipercross panel filter ( going back to standard air filter).
Looking at hybrid turbo atm also pd150 head bolts.
Does egr blanking do much, many thanks

Your limiting factor is the clutch and gearbox. It's to small for big power so you need to upgrade it to the later AVF setup or spend a lot on an aftermarket performance clutch.

Also hybrid turbos are not a great option, they are laggy, run hot and don't last long. I've not had a BV43 but I've read it's the bolt on upgrade for 200bhp, but also it's laggy.

In my opinion do it properly and get a later GTB or GTD turbo, something like a gtd1752/1756vk would be perfect; reliable power and zero lag.

Reactions: Slwells8954
All £ ball ache really .

Turbo , front mount intercooler , 2.5" exhaust and ideally a 240 mm AVF Sachs organic uprated clutch with new DMF .

Stock turbo can make 180 bhp and torque can be tailored from output to curve and even table topped .

Reactions: Slwells8954 and Stonedofmoo
Stock turbo can make 180 bhp and torque can be tailored from output to curve and even table topped .
Agreed. Tbh I see little reason to go beyond that in the A4, the off the shelf tuning hardware isn't really there for this car unlike Golfs etc. Plus tbh I built a 298bhp/400lbs PD make Golf and while it was fast it struggled to deploy that power. My thoughts are unless you have the Quattro model of A4 you will struggle to deploy that extra power without torque steer or wheel slip.

The 170bhp my A4 now has suits the car and is no stress on any of the components.

What does the standard clutch take torque wise also what is a better clutch for higher torque in the a4 awx 5 speed

Depends on mileage and how it's been used , the awx's torque does come in smoother than avf but then avf has a bigger clutch .

Most Stage 1 maps are to 290 ftlb .

Uprated organic clutches to look at are Sachs SRE .

Cheers buddy. 1 more thing EGR delete is it worth just blanking or buy the kit

Cheers buddy. 1 more thing EGR delete is it worth just blanking or buy the kit
It's worth it at it saves the inlet manifold getting filled with the black death or carbon muck, but use a blanking shim and keep the EGR in place or it will fail the visual check in an MOT.

Also if you have a 03 or later car you'll need your map modifying to delete the egr or it will throw an engine light as the later code had additional checks the EGR is in place and working.

It's worth it at it saves the inlet manifold getting filled with the black death or carbon muck, but use a blanking shim and keep the EGR in place or it will fail the visual check in an MOT.

Also if you have a 03 or later car you'll need your map modifying to delete the egr or it will throw an engine light as the later code had additional checks the EGR is in place and working.
I see cheers never knew egr would fail mot with out it being there. Blanking plates it is then

Egr should not be visable to tester with the engine top cover on .

Quite a few options and year dependant as mentioned as to ECU monitoring the EGR , all denoted by the build sticker with OGE being the earlier and OGZ the later .

1. Just pull the egr ( metal hat ) vac line and plug the vac line .

2. As above and also a 1.5mm slip in blank at base of egr feed tube at exhaust manifold end this prevents the tube filling up with exhaust gasses but ultimately the disabled egr plunger plugs the top of the egr feed tube .

3. Full delete , most desirable when inevitably the old egr gaskets and metal hat 2 atmospheric holes weep oil .