Audi A4 2.0tfsi Black Edition Quattro Advice Needed!

Joe Proctor

Reaction score
I’m after some advice if anyone can help, I’m looking at buying a 2014 Audi A4 2.0tfsi Black Edition Quattro. Seen a very nice looking example on auto trader.

I’m just after some advice on reliability, things to look out for and common issues? If someone could shed some light for me!

In any car you buy:
- listen the engine for any wired sounds (it should be round and linear if that makes sense) - I would not buy any car wit weird sounds in the engine
- check if things are clean around the engine aka no leaks
- drive the car and listen to it - any wires sounds when starting the car, while driving, braking, steering etc
- differences in paint colour around the car - can use a magnet strip to check if any repairs on doors, wings, bumpers etc
- boot and stoplight compartments condensations or water in the stoplight (yes I have seen one in Audi dealer wit 1-2 cm of water in the extra compartments in the boot
- service history, when was the cam-belt changed if, last service etc
That’s pretty much I can think of for now
Be prepared to go around and see multiple cars not just one.
Before buying my last Audi I think I have seen 5 live and over 10 online - check the pics as sometimes they will tell you the car it’s a no go compare pics with what you see live (yes, Audi dealer refurbished alloys without diamond cut on rotors though pics were showing diamond cut on them)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brilliant thanks AndreBerty. Off the top of your head do you know what the service intervals and cam belt mileage are on this model?

I do my service (all filters and oil change) every year but don’t expect after the first 3 years warranty every driver to do the same.
I bought recently an A4 2015 and previous driver (first driver on the car - forgot to tell you it matters how many previous drivers and mileage count) gave me an invoice (last service on the car made by some garage; previous 3 services made at Audi as car was in warranty) that was stating filters and oil changed but haven’t as I found out a few months later when I changed them.
On most cars I would change cam-belt around 80-90k miles - I’m about to change it on mines as it has about 92k miles and never have been changed but will say in the cars book when it should be changed if different (I know some are warranted to 100k or more)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yours has a cam chain pal not a belt.

I have a 2.0 TFSi S-Line Black Edition 2014

Reactions: Eldeano2