audi a4 2.0tdi common problems?

a3 1.8t

Reaction score
Website
www.jalnablast.co.uk
Hi all im new to this bit of the forum i currently have a a3 1.8t sport but i am thinking of changing to an a4 se 2.0tdi its black 06 plate and has 88000 miles onit seems to drive well and local vw audi garage will service it mot it and do the cambelt and waterpump on it. Are they any common problems with these? I spoke to a mechanic and he seemed to think the 2.0tdis wernt very good and the 1.9tdis were the one to go for can anyone help me?

Regards Tom

Wouldn't touch the 2.0TDI's. They are all falling down like flies. If you want a 2.0 TDI then go for a B8.

140 and 170's have hex shaft faults. 170 also has injector issues while the BLB 140s also have oil shaft chain issues. The 1.9's don't have this issue.

The 1.9 is a more bulletproof engine. The 2.0 does have issues. The 70 has injector and dpf issues. I know many people with these and not all of them have faulted yet. Luck of draw I think

Hi, can I ask if the 2.0tdi is better in the b8 then?

Had a b7 2.0tdi 140 for a couple of years, sitting on 150k at the moment and only issues i've had since ownership is the rear springs on all these b7's seem to get corroded pretty bad (the new 2.0t had em done under 70k). Read all about the oil pump issues but haven't had anything like that happen...yet, know I should have got a 1.9tdi really but the 2.0tdi on paper is a dream with the performance and economy!

B7 rust alot? Wasn't aware that to be a particular problem over and above any car?