audi a4 2.0tdi 2015 170 oil level

cbr99

Reaction score
hi all,just done an oil change and filter and im left questioning the oil level ,after putting in 5ltres of oil the mmi is reading half way on the gauge and when i checked it with the laser oil gauge (part no. 4807) its reading lower level 15/16 ,dont want to put any more oil in as audi say 5ltres is maximum . just wondering if anyone else has had this problem
thanks

hi all,just done an oil change and filter and im left questioning the oil level ,after putting in 5ltres of oil the mmi is reading half way on the gauge and when i checked it with the laser oil gauge (part no. 4807) its reading lower level 15/16 ,dont want to put any more oil in as audi say 5ltres is maximum . just wondering if anyone else has had this problem
thanks
5L is normally bang on if you've changed the oil filter and drained from the sump plug.

The MMI gauge just shows the minimum and maximum so if it's in the middle and you've put 5L in that sounds right. If I remember right the difference from the min to the max on the mmi is 1 litre.

Just drive it for a few days and keep your eye on the MMI gauge after you've had it parked on a level surface, if it stays in the middle just add 200ML of oil and then you should be just below max.

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk

thanks for the reply,
yes i will do ,i did drain from the plug but was starting to get a bit worried about over filling,why audi cant just put a dipstick in from the start is beyond me,

Might be worth picking up a proper dip stick. I got one for my 170 tdi for doing oil changes as the mmi is all over the place.