Facelift Audi A4 2.0 TFSI 40 - S Tronic Black Edition (Comfort + Sound)

desi112

Reaction score
Website
www.globalsoundrecords.co.uk
Hey Folks,

As promised attached pictures of my new car, it just arrived this morning. So far I am impressed with it, coming back from an S3 the performance is quite good as well as the fuel economy it seems. It arrived from Birmingham this morning and was showing an average of 45mpg.

A few things I noticed

1) I need to Set myself up as a user on the MMI

2) The battery is now in the boot?

3) There is no spare tire, looks like there is a puncture repair kit.

4) There is no SD card interface

5) The Virtual Cockpit modes are amazing :) Racing and Sports look great

6) Does anyone know if its possible to install Spotify on the MMI? or is it best just to stream it through the phone (not done any research yet on the MMI)

Attachments

• 20200821_105258x.jpg
    20200821_105258x.jpg
    919.1 KB · Views: 547
  • 20200821_105312x.jpg
    20200821_105312x.jpg
    951.3 KB · Views: 511
Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan, Mkay315 and 5 others
Hey Folks,

As promised attached pictures of my new car, it just arrived this morning. So far I am impressed with it, coming back from an S3 the performance is quite good as well as the fuel economy it seems. It arrived from Birmingham this morning and was showing an average of 45mpg.

A few things I noticed

6) Does anyone know if its possible to install Spotify on the MMI? or is it best just to stream it through the phone (not done any research yet on the MMI)

Looks impressive in that colour. I’ve gone with the same spec but Daytona grey.

You have CarPlay and android auto so can play Spotify through that. Also if you have an iPhone can you see if wireless CarPlay is now standard (I’m assuming this is a MY2021 204ps)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: desi112
Looks impressive in that colour. I’ve gone with the same spec but Daytona grey.

You have CarPlay and android auto so can play Spotify through that. Also if you have an iPhone can you see if wireless CarPlay is now standard (I’m assuming this is a MY2021 204ps)?

Thanks for the info, its 2020 190ps,

Looking swish! I've taken delivery a 20201MY A5 Sportback S-Line. Get around the SD card problem by buying a USB C to Micro SD card adapter. £5.99 on Amazon. Plug your card into the adapter and then the adapter into the USB C port under the armrest

thanks for the tip, I've finally got the MMI set-up took a while but got there. I've had the car for the weekend and it's been great but just noticed the following...

Is it normal for the car to shake when starting? After pressing the start button the car seems to shake for around 10 seconds before it stops....not sure if this is normal... it also shakes when gently revving the engine...

thanks for the tip, I've finally got the MMI set-up took a while but got there. I've had the car for the weekend and it's been great but just noticed the following...

Is it normal for the car to shake when starting? After pressing the start button the car seems to shake for around 10 seconds before it stops....not sure if this is normal... it also shakes when gently revving the engine...

How you finding the new car pal since having it a week or so? Had any issues?

Did you manage to find out what the shaking was?

The B&O sound system worth the upgrade?

How do the extended led lights look at night

Won’t be getting mine till the end of the year so I have to make do looking at everyone else’s

Won’t be getting mine till the end of the year so I have to make do looking at everyone else’s

For me C&S is more for the keyless entry! Enhanced sound system I’m hoping is a bonus but I’m all for keeping my key in my pocket

Yes the new car is okay so far, not really driven it so can't comment further on the shaking.

Extended lights inside look amazing! love the colours!

B&O system is good but one issue I've noticed is that when your driving around and lose Signal on a DAB station it doesn't seem to auto-retune?

I have to change the station (to a different dab band) and then go back to the original station to get the radio back...it's quite annoying...

Also I am not too keen on everything being touch screen....still finding it a little difficult to get used to.

That does not sound normal, get it checked out. I have the 2020 40 tfsi auto with the sound and comfort pack and the smoothness of the engine is the main feature for me, it feels like driving a hybrid or electric on take off.

Other features I like:
LED lights - A really nice feature, love the interior options and the door puddle lights and and the active LED headlights are brilliant
Suspension - On 19 alloys and sports suspension I was fearing the worst, but no complaints from me it's very compliant
All round camera - A great option included especially the side cameras with those protruding alloys
S-tronic gearbox - Yes it does stutter sometimes, but shifting from eco to sports with a flick of the gearshift solves that at junctions/roundabouts
B&O - It's good and plays FLAC files, but to be honest I was expecting more from the sound, use the USB-C with an adapter for another USB option

My 2020 S4 black edition comfort and sound has 2 virtual cockpit modes, standard with round speedo and rev counter and as performance with ramped dial. What is racing mode and how do you activate it?

For Spotify you can access this through Apple CarPlay (and I presume Android Auto). That works best for me.

HTH

WarwickBoy

Yes the new car is okay so far, not really driven it so can't comment further on the shaking.

Extended lights inside look amazing! love the colours!

B&O system is good but one issue I've noticed is that when your driving around and lose Signal on a DAB station it doesn't seem to auto-retune?

I have to change the station (to a different dab band) and then go back to the original station to get the radio back...it's quite annoying...

Also I am not too keen on everything being touch screen....still finding it a little difficult to get used to.

Mine is sadly exactly the same. I don't think it's a fault, more a "characteristic" of the system. One of my colleagues car is also exactly the same.

Yes the S4 virtual cockpit has a sport mode with a central rev counter and no you cannot program this in to a A4 version:
Screenshot 20200904 164720 Chrome

@desi112 what is the average MPG your getting so far from your 40tfsi? Can’t make my mind up if a should stay with a derv or make the jump into a petrol. Would like the petrol, but the MPG would need to be good to justify it.

@desi112 what is the average MPG your getting so far from your 40tfsi? Can’t make my mind up if a should stay with a derv or make the jump into a petrol. Would like the petrol, but the MPG would need to be good to justify it.
so sorry for the delay...I am getting approx 30mpg driving in town bare in mind though I am doing very short journeys like 10 mile round trip and the car is brand new so I am hoping the MPG improves with time.

I took the car on a 80 mile motorway drive recently and got around 42mpg....

I am not too concerned at the minute on the low MPG figures (funnily enough my S3 was producing similar figures!) Will update you if anything changes...

One thing that is annoying me however is the MMI! I've taken the car out 2/3 times and it says something like the logged in user is not available please switch to guest and the guest button is blocked out so whilst I've been driving I've not been able to use the MMI or even change the drive mode!

I did a reset yesterday will let you know how I get on with it.

Reactions: SPIKE_
My 2020 S4 black edition comfort and sound has 2 virtual cockpit modes, standard with round speedo and rev counter and as performance with ramped dial. What is racing mode and how do you activate it?

For Spotify you can access this through Apple CarPlay (and I presume Android Auto). That works best for me.

HTH

WarwickBoy

Pretty sure I have 3 I will check again and take photos.

How are you finding the touch screen? - I've just got a 35tsi comfort and sound and its great, but I can't understand why apple car play makes all the buttons so small! It's like trying to hit a bullseye in a moving car! the keypad for phone numbers is micrscopic!

Bit disappointed too by the extended lighting pack, but I have come from an E-class Mercedes which was probably a class leader on this front. The A4 has lights in the centre console, but not matching in the door bins. and the footwell lights dont match the surface light colour...

Minor comments mind on what seems to be a great car

How are you finding the touch screen? - I've just got a 35tsi comfort and sound and its great, but I can't understand why apple car play makes all the buttons so small! It's like trying to hit a bullseye in a moving car! the keypad for phone numbers is micrscopic!

Bit disappointed too by the extended lighting pack, but I have come from an E-class Mercedes which was probably a class leader on this front. The A4 has lights in the centre console, but not matching in the door bins. and the footwell lights dont match the surface light colour...

Minor comments mind on what seems to be a great car
You can adjust the lights to be all the same within the individual setting. Currently have all mine set to blue which is great looking.

You can adjust the lights to be all the same within the individual setting. Currently have all mine set to blue which is great looking.
Can you change the footwell light colour? I couldn’t find the setting for that one

Can you change the footwell light colour? I couldn’t find the setting for that one

In my 2017 A4 Black Edition I could choose the footwell colour but in my 2020 S4 you now can't, white only. You can now only change the line colour and door/dash colours. There's a good range of colour options but I agree it's not a Jazzy as a Merc, yet more refined in my opinion.

In my 2017 A4 Black Edition I could choose the footwell colour but in my 2020 S4 you now can't, white only. You can now only change the line colour and door/dash colours. There's a good range of colour options but I agree it's not a Jazzy as a Merc, yet more refined in my opinion.

Is that with the extended LED light pack? I was under the impression with this extra light pack that all colours could be changed

Is that with the extended LED light pack? I was under the impression with this extra light pack that all colours could be changed

it appears not in my car - i took a screenshot of the audi builder site too as its clearly not had the updated description.

Seems abit odd that you can’t change colour in the footwell yet you can everywhere else. Hope this isn’t the case for when I get MY2021 A4 S&C build

Looking at videos of it on YouTube if you have the comfort and sound pack you should be able to amend them.

Seems abit odd that you can’t change colour in the footwell yet you can everywhere else. Hope this isn’t the case for when I get MY2021 A4 S&C build

It's strange they've went back over. I don't believe it's been change between MY2020-2021.

I don't mind the white footwells, there's less distracting and go with the speaker and sill lights.

IMG 1896
IMG 1897
IMG 1898

I see what you mean. They seem to blend nicely together. Can you change the colour of the speaker lights or are they set on white also?

Love the look of them leather seats aswel!

Reactions: leedodds1
how do you change to MMI background colour to red? Mine is on green i think - or is it drive mode setting?

Hey Folks,

A few things I noticed

One thing I forgot to ask, with the spec you went for did you end up having to pay the premium VED for it being over £40k or did it come just under when they took into account first year registration etc? I’ve been told it will be just under but now I’m not so sure.

One thing I forgot to ask, with the spec you went for did you end up having to pay the premium VED for it being over £40k or did it come just under when they took into account first year registration etc? I’ve been told it will be just under but now I’m not so sure.

Sorry for the delay in replying I will take pictures of the 3 Virtual Cockpit modes today and upload. In regards to the VED I was lucky that the car was in fact just under £40K somehow...(the car is on a 3 year lease so the road tax is included in the rental).

Reactions: Frankiejr26
Sorry for the delay in replying I will take pictures of the 3 Virtual Cockpit modes today and upload. In regards to the VED I was lucky that the car was in fact just under £40K somehow...(the car is on a 3 year lease).

And that is
Saloon
40 TFSI auto Black edition
Comfort and sound
Metallic
No other extras?

If yes then sounds like it should be the same for me

Just wanted to update everyone here...I've done approx 900 miles in the car so far so good apart from the following:

1) Dab Radio loosing signal when driving and doesn't retune automatically (Already discussed)

2) MMI Constantly logging me out of my account, I get a message like "this user has not logged in for a while please re-enter password" I've given up using my account and now just use the guest mode...I drive the car roughly once a week

Apart from that Fuel Consumption seems to be getting better, getting around 37 - 39mpg with city driving and around 48mpg on the motorway.

Reactions: Frankiejr26
Just wanted to update everyone here...I've done approx 900 miles in the car so far so good apart from the following:

1) Dab Radio loosing signal when driving and doesn't retune automatically (Already discussed)

2) MMI Constantly logging me out of my account, I get a message like "this user has not logged in for a while please re-enter password" I've given up using my account and now just use the guest mode...I drive the car roughly once a week

Apart from that Fuel Consumption seems to be getting better, getting around 37 - 39mpg with city driving and around 48mpg on the motorway.

1 and 2 sound like it will drive me insane if mine does it too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes exactly the same...I looked through the extra list and there was nothing I wanted to add...

I wanted the storage pack and the Driver Assistance but didn’t think they were worth it if it meant jumping into the higher VED band. But then if it turns out I’m in it anyway then it will be frustrating.

So fingers crossed I am the same as you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And that is
Saloon
40 TFSI auto Black edition
Comfort and sound
Metallic
No other extras?

If yes then sounds like it should be the same for me

I can't see this being the case. The below is the OTR price, and I appreciate there would of been a price hike recently, but it wouldn't of been as much as £890. I would suggest you've just went over the £40k mark by a few hundred pounds!

Your A4 Saloon
Black Edition 40 TFSI S tronic

• Price 1
    39,635.00 GBP
  • ROTR
    40,890.00 GBP