Audi a4 170bhp turno diverter valve

creative335

Reaction score
udi a4 b7 170bhp turbo diverter valve
Hi guys getting this p299 error on turbo car does go at limp mode once after like 4 weeks.
Do i need new turbo for this or diverter valve can be replaced.

If so whats the best bet is it worth having reconditioned turbo.

Any recommendations in manchester uk incase i need to recondtion it what sort of price i am looking at......

Thanks in advance

Sorry for the lack of response of members here.

What specs is your car? Im pretty sure its the 163BHP version or 190BHP ?

Looks like the DV can easily be replaced but need to establish if it really is this at fault..

Have you tried googling the fault code?

Mines 170 bhp (168) yes i did on 170 diverter comes with turbo i am pretty sure its the one in inlet manifold

Wish I could help more, but best thing to do at this point is pop into local independant Audi Garage and ask them to scan for you. Should be little to no money to do so :)

Tried it to 3 garages today it came back I don't know what to do it's just causing more problems car turbo is fine no play nothing and it boost properly just odd limp mode days which doesn't make sense it's like weather lol

Ok so an alternative for you..

Im on a couple of facebook 1.8t Vag groups. Best one i'd say is ''1.8t tuning''

join the group and upload a video of the issue and guranteed someone will offer a suggestion as to the problem.

Extremely helpful on their but you have to upload a video for memebers to have an idea of what it could be.

Hope it helps

Reactions: creative335