Audi a4 1.9 tdi awx saloon b6 2002

Slwells8954

Reaction score
Hi few questions

1. My smic is covered in oil looks like its leaking from there should I clean smic and see if it happens again or buy new
2. Has anyone got blanking plates for egr for sale

3. What lowering springs is best
Many thanks for ur time

20220420 115225

Oil finds a way mate, if you're not showing lots of black soot from boost leaks while accelerating I wouldn't worry about it, these turbo's always let some oil through.

EGR plate eBay. I got a pair for £6 or something. I think with yours being a 2002 model that's all you need to do, no ECU mods required.

Oil finds a way mate, if you're not showing lots of black soot from boost leaks while accelerating I wouldn't worry about it, these turbo's always let some oil through.

EGR plate eBay. I got a pair for £6 or something. I think with yours being a 2002 model that's all you need to do, no ECU mods required.
Only thing I've noticed is lag in the turbo takes a while to boost

Egr plates I can't find any links at all please

Only thing I've noticed is lag in the turbo takes a while to boost

Egr plates I can't find any links at all please

As for lag could be many things including a vacuum leak on the small vac lines leading to the turbo and EGR valve etc, you need to log the requested and delivered boost levels on vcds to find out what's going on there. Also worth checking the actuator arm on the turbo is moving freely, the actuator itself can fail in time and leak which prevents proper actuation

As for lag could be many things including a vacuum leak on the small vac lines leading to the turbo and EGR valve etc, you need to log the requested and delivered boost levels on vcds to find out what's going on there. Also worth checking the actuator arm on the turbo is moving freely, the actuator itself can fail in time and leak which prevents proper actuation
Thank you for this information will the link above fit the b6 2002. I will check all this 2morrow as I want to get her mapped yet to stage 1 170 bhp

Yeah it'll fit just fine. You can put it at the turbo end or EGR, but EGR end won't be seen by any mot testers

No, either end is fine. To fit it at the EGR end you'll need to remove the EGR which is more involved, but still easy. Turbo end you can just loosen the bolts and push the shim in place.

I always thought you had to blank both sides off then pull the tube out the top and out screw in lol

Sounds complicated, by blanking the tube you prevent the oily gas crap getting into the inlet manifold system. It's all quite simple, and virtually undetectable to an MOT tester, particularly if you still have your engine cover in place.

Reactions: Slwells8954
Sounds complicated, by blanking the tube you prevent the oily gas crap getting into the inlet manifold system. It's all quite simple, and virtually undetectable to an MOT tester, particularly if you still have your engine cover in place.
I've decided to take ur advice and blank off one end near egr due to mot and get it mapped out aswell thank you