Audi A4 1.4 TFSI (MPG, Reviews, Performance)

Abu12344

Reaction score
Looking to purchase a used Audi A4 1.4 TFSI, can anyone give me their opinions and experiences with that engine in the A4, its MPG, what you think of it and how it performs and how reliable you think it is so far.

Thanks

Had a A3 1.4TFSI with CoD as well, enough power and torque but got a little tired of the CoD. Too many vibration from CoD system, don't know if the A4 1.4TFSI has CoD (Cylinder On Demand) as well. Really good MPG when driven with economy in mind, my record was 23km/l over 86km.
The A4 is a heavier car and so much depends on how you drive and the road that you drive on.

Another link to real world usage can be found here
https://www.spritmonitor.de/en/over...ar_s=2015&power_s=150&power_e=150&powerunit=2

Think I got the search parameters correct

Had a A3 1.4TFSI with CoD as well, enough power and torque but got a little tired of the CoD. Too many vibration from CoD system, don't know if the A4 1.4TFSI has CoD (Cylinder On Demand) as well. Really good MPG when driven with economy in mind, my record was 23km/l over 86km.
The A4 is a heavier car and so much depends on how you drive and the road that you drive on.

Another link to real world usage can be found here
https://www.spritmonitor.de/en/over...ar_s=2015&power_s=150&power_e=150&powerunit=2

Think I got the search parameters correct
Thanks man, so like 30mpg at best?

Nope that'll be urban but more on a run. You will find owners in here achieving some good mpg. Never once did I detect the COD kicking in with my A3, however I don't think the A4 version has this anyway...

Nope that'll be urban but more on a run. You will find owners in here achieving some good mpg. Never once did I detect the COD kicking in with my A3, however I don't think the A4 version has this anyway...
Okay cheers could you give me a good example of a better mpg? When I converted he ones on the website it was all 30mpg or less

Don't know about your maths but 23km/l works out as 64mpg unless I'm doing something wrong?

23*4.5 (to change it to gallons)*0.62 (to change it to miles) = 64.17

Girlfriend has the 1.4 tfsi saloon in manual and has got 40.4 mpg (UK) over the last 1000 miles. Pretty envious of that in my 25.5 mpg average in the B9 S4!

Girlfriend has the 1.4 tfsi saloon in manual and has got 40.4 mpg (UK) over the last 1000 miles. Pretty envious of that in my 25.5 mpg average in the B9 S4!
Cheers man! Can’t complain when you are in an s4 tho haha

Hi I've had mine for over a year now as a cheap lease deal. A4 SE 1.4 Tfsi manual. Love the car and will miss it when it goes back next March.
I don't drive it hard i have other cars for that. I use it for commuting and comfortable long journeys. Average 44-47 mpg to work 15 miles mix of town and motorway and on a long run I have seen 54 mpg. It's a nice relaxed place to be but it can be caught out if you need to get out of a junction quickly when coming up to it. Although mine is an absolute basic spec it is nicely equipped and finished.

Reactions: cuke2u
Hi I've had mine for over a year now as a cheap lease deal. A4 SE 1.4 Tfsi manual. Love the car and will miss it when it goes back next March.
I don't drive it hard i have other cars for that. I use it for commuting and comfortable long journeys. Average 44-47 mpg to work 15 miles mix of town and motorway and on a long run I have seen 54 mpg. It's a nice relaxed place to be but it can be caught out if you need to get out of a junction quickly when coming up to it. Although mine is an absolute basic spec it is nicely equipped and finished.
cheers for that man!

I've been in a 1.4tfsi Sport A4 since March. I find it very pleasant indeed, it's quick enough, very quiet engine and wind noise, but because of this you do tend to focus on the road noise which is not as well suppressed. I put this down to British road surfaces as a drive to Barcelona via the French Autoroutes and Spanish Autopistas was a revelation; there was no road roar at all, just a faint swish. It does have one issue - not a problem but you have to adapt a bit - at very low revs the power suddenly disappears. So in a multistory car park where you could normally climb the ramp at about 1200rpm in second gear it won't pull, but dies and requires first gear, put a few more revs on and by 1500rpm it's has so much torque it can pull strongly in sixth. It has very long gearing which I like as it makes cruising so relaxed but does mean you effectively have 3 overdrive gears. Top speed is 130mph, but the theoretical speeds if it could hit the redline in 4th, 5th and 6th are approximately 140, 180 and 210. My MPG is in the high 40's long term, and on the motorway I stick to the limit and can nudge it up to about 61mpg if I drive. With the cruise control it's a bit lower.​

I've been in a 1.4tfsi Sport A4 since March. I find it very pleasant indeed, it's quick enough, very quiet engine and wind noise, but because of this you do tend to focus on the road noise which is not as well suppressed. I put this down to British road surfaces as a drive to Barcelona via the French Autoroutes and Spanish Autopistas was a revelation; there was no road roar at all, just a faint swish. It does have one issue - not a problem but you have to adapt a bit - at very low revs the power suddenly disappears. So in a multistory car park where you could normally climb the ramp at about 1200rpm in second gear it won't pull, but dies and requires first gear, put a few more revs on and by 1500rpm it's has so much torque it can pull strongly in sixth. It has very long gearing which I like as it makes cruising so relaxed but does mean you effectively have 3 overdrive gears. Top speed is 130mph, but the theoretical speeds if it could hit the redline in 4th, 5th and 6th are approximately 140, 180 and 210. My MPG is in the high 40's long term, and on the motorway I stick to the limit and can nudge it up to about 61mpg if I drive. With the cruise control it's a bit lower.​
thanks dude, really helpful