Audi A3 Tyre help

atr1g1978

Reaction score
Just looking for tyre recommendations for my car I need 4 tyres the size is 225 45 R17. Blackcircles.com has been recommended to me and they have lots of choice but i just need good quality tyres that will perform well in all weather condtions.

Any recommendations would be appreciated?

toyo proxes tr1 good tyre but wear quick on my evo
falken ze912 good mid range with plenty of life on other halfs leon
yokoama several different variants all pretty good
i must admit i fit more falken for people than any other tyre due to wear/cost

Iv recently changed to Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta very good all round tyres for the money. black circle do them I think and may still have 40% off still.

Michelin or continental. Michelin are oe fitment. But now days are fitted with continental. Both are very good Tyres.

My partner had toyo on his old mk3 fez. Fantastic in wet and never lasted in dry, he changed his within 3 months - just worn so quick with such little miles

Surely, if the OP knew this they wouldn't have been asking for help?

:sm4: Well this kind of information is necessary so that we can inform him correctly as to what tyre size will be suitable for his vehicle, and what tyre is best suited to his needs. The larger the engine, the heavier it is, so you need a tyre that can handle the weight, for example.

At worst, he could just tell us the year and engine size. :)

Hi,

Its a 1.8 Turbo 2002 185bhp.

Cheers

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

I fitted four Uniroyal Rainsport 2's and have no complaints about grip in any conditions and the wear is excellent, however they have become so noisy I thought it was bearing noise. It's so bad I'm thinking of changing them although there is loads of life left, or maybe some ear plugs.

And the sidewalls flop around like a **** in a bucket as they`re so soft! ^ Shame though as the overall grip in the wet and the dry is superb.

i went from falken ze912's to pirelli pzero rosso's. tbh i wont be going back to the falkens.

The tyre size on your vehicle according to our database should be 225 45 R17 91 Y.

There are lots of sporty tyres available in this size, such as :

Michelin Pilot Sport 3
Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3
Pirelli Pzero Rosso
Pirelli Pzero System Asimmetrico
Dunlop SP Sport Maxx
Dunlop SP Sport Maxx TT
Bridgestone S001

There are also less sporty products, but they're not any less suitable :

Michelin Primacy HP
Pirelli Cinturato P7

Hope this helps a bit! Any of these tyres would be great on your car. Let us know which ones you pick ;-) :beerchug:

I'm going though the same dilema at the moment, I've always got on ok with Falkens on my last car and currently on my wife's MPV which are the same size as my A3 (225/45/17) and would recommend them, the problem is that size is only made in the 94W load rating which is an 'Extra Load' spec tyre. So I don't know whether that loading of tyre will work ok on th A3.

My dilema;
I have a pair of budget 'Event' (previous owner installed) extra load tyres on the front of my TDI Quattro Sport which have bags of tread left on them but the rears(Bridgestone Re050) need changing, so do I stay with XL rated tyres(ie Falkens) or switch to a 91W and change all 4.:banghead: