Audi A3 tdi recall euro 5

splash18

Reaction score
Hello guys, i heard about the recall to the tdi euro 5 engines and i would like to ask you if the remap that they will do, will affect negative to our cars, if we loose power from the remap. I have 1,6 tdi with 105 and i am wondering about the power loss :(

Who says they are going to do a remap?
So much speculation and so little fact around this. We should wait to hear from Audi.
Different engines in different years in different countries makes it difficult. Press says all A3s have the ea189 devil engine but UK spec 2.0tdi have only been fitted with variants of the ea288, both euro5 and euro6.
The only people who know are VAG and everything they say will have to go through so many lawyers before we hear it we'll never really know. The logistics of any potential remedial work on allegedly so many cars means nothing will happen for months.
It's annoying not knowing but the worst thing you can do is read the press as all the ill informed idle speculation will depress you. Save the worrying about it till Audi tells you and not before.

Υου have absolutely right...hope for the best and i wait until audi says something

The press are muppets , they had a pic of a Euro 3 VW last week .

8eacc22e-1ee7-458f-a48c-ec1aa47183cf_zpst5aoglt1.jpg

where can we find which engine we have ? etc ea189,ea288
where it is written ?