Audi A3 TDI Owners: Can you help me out a sec?

sibby

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Had my car back for 3 days now after some rear brake pad changes and when I walked away from it today I noticed something at the back being a bit low.

Pics:

1.jpg

2.jpg

Now I am not the most knowledgeable guy in the world but I know somethings about cars just not every single part!

Maybe I am over reacting I don't know, so could a 3 door TDI (140) A3 owner with a new grill/model have a look underneath and see if yours is the same/any higher?

I'd be grateful

Cheers!

Sibby, I have the A3 Sportback TDI, and had a look underneath. The parts you have noticed seem to be components of the rear suspension system. I have two suspension arms (pressed steel, painted black) in exactly the same position as yours, as one would expect. Looks like the A3 Sportback rear suspension system is the same as the A3. Don't worry. Hope this helps.

Photo of my colleague's sportback.
Same as yours, but nice and shiny!
They should treat them with better stuff, as they are quite visible.

SP_A0165.jpg

Thanks guys - both of you! I always worry when I have to hand my keys in, my first experience nearly wrote off my car so you can see why I felt a bit worried.

Managed to sneek under neighbours A3 while he was out as well and yeah it is the same.:salute:

Thanks again :)