Audi A3 Sportback Symphony Audio System Upgrade

Equ1nox

Reaction score
Hi All,

Been a while since I have been active but am back with a new ride and yep its another A3 a nice new 56 plate A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI, the car comes with the Symphony head unit 6 disc changer with casette audio system and boy its ugly and does not support mp3 which totally sucks man !

My question is (My previous 07 three door had the concert unit in which did read mp3's and had a nice large display which would display ID3 track tag info too) can I buy the concert with MP3 playback and take this symphony unit out and swap like for like effectively with the new modern concert one ? without any wiring adapters required?

If not any recomendations to a better replacement unit to get or shall I stick with the symphony unit and get an Iphone4 adapter to get to play all my tunes via my mobile, maybe integrate a handsfree system too any ideas?

Can anyone post links to either DIY instructions or state/show some of your own experiances/examples on upgrading the symphony or Iphone4 kits or how too's on this?

as always any help in advance would be greatly appreciated cheers !

EQ !! :weight_lift2:

You would need an adapter as the older radio is ISO, newer version is quadlock, also an antenna adapter.

The other issue is the radio antenna system is different, so you will get degraded reception without a modification, thats not cheap either.

I actually have a newer concert on the shelf if interested & all the antenna parts afaik to convert it.

Alternatively, have you considered the rns-e as it has allot more to give you, for potentially, in grand scheme of things, not allot more & the antenna system is the same, although you need the iso to quadlock & antenna adapter, I have an rns-e for sale, PM if interested.

NHN I have PM'd you mate not sure if you have got it or not?

You would need an adapter as the older radio is ISO, newer version is quadlock, also an antenna adapter.

The other issue is the radio antenna system is different, so you will get degraded reception without a modification, thats not cheap either.

I actually have a newer concert on the shelf if interested & all the antenna parts afaik to convert it.

Alternatively, have you considered the rns-e as it has allot more to give you, for potentially, in grand scheme of things, not allot more & the antenna system is the same, although you need the iso to quadlock & antenna adapter, I have an rns-e for sale, PM if interested.

Sorry to hijack the thread, Nigel did you get my pm's? I sent through the pic of my headunit as requested. Still wanting to do the RNSE upgrade...

Yes mate, I went through nearly every pm in my inbox which was about 2-300 lol, I will resend it later mate when in front of my laptop.