Facelift Audi A3 Sport - Traffic Jam Assistant

Christoffer

2019 A3 Limo Prestige Sport 35 TFSI COD S-Tronic
Reaction score
Hi,
In the new MMI interface 2017+ (Without navigation).

Shouldn't I be able to see and activate/deactivate Traffic Jam Assistant in the MMI interface (Car Settings)?

I have just received my 2019 A3 Sports Limo S Tronic with all assistants available - so according to list of my car it includes Traffic Jam Assist, but can't find it in the menu.

Any help?

Best Regards
Christoffer

I didn't have it from factory but had it coded afterwards for some reason my car had all the hardware but neither Traffic Jam Assist or Emergency Assist .... There is no menu item for either TJA or EA. I have an early production FL e-tron.....

TJA means that you car will use both the lane keeping and adaptive cruise control together UNDER 37mph to drive the car in heavy traffic. You will know it is working as the cruise control and lane keeping are active at slow speeds.
Screenshot 2018 11 07 at 211422
EA will bring your car to a full stop safely if you don't put any input into the car for a length of time, there are warnings 2 sets of different bings a notice on the dash then it will stab the breaks and finally brake the car and brig it to a halt . Try this out on a straight bit of well marked road with no traffic and sit at 40 and take you hands off the wheel, it is hard to not put your hands back on the wheel when the brakes stab :whistle2: Would like to know how this works on your car do the hazards switch on if you do this
Screenshot 2018 11 07 at 211448 Screenshot 2018 11 07 at 211519
This how they work with the coding that has been done on my car I would be very interested to see how they work with a factory car ....

I didn't have it from factory but had it coded afterwards for some reason my car had all the hardware but neither Traffic Jam Assist or Emergency Assist .... There is no menu item for either TJA or EA. I have an early production FL e-tron.....

TJA means that you car will use both the lane keeping and adaptive cruise control together UNDER 37mph to drive the car in heavy traffic. You will know it is working as the cruise control and lane keeping are active at slow speeds.
View attachment 169440
EA will bring your car to a full stop safely if you don't put any input into the car for a length of time, there are warnings 2 sets of different bings a notice on the dash then it will stab the breaks and finally brake the car and brig it to a halt . Try this out on a straight bit of well marked road with no traffic and sit at 40 and take you hands off the wheel, it is hard to not put your hands back on the wheel when the brakes stab :whistle2: Would like to know how this works on your car do the hazards switch on if you do this
View attachment 169441 View attachment 169442
This how they work with the coding that has been done on my car I would be very interested to see how they work with a factory car ....

Thank you - just what I was looking for to show my dealer.

The TJA is the reason why I choose the big assistant-package for my new Audi, so driving home from work today just to find out that it didn't worked atm was a big disappointment. The lane assist turned of when speed went below 37mph(65km/h).

The EA is activated and I can see the activate/deactivate button in my MMI Menu - I will try tomorrow and report back.

If you have EA you have TJA note in the requirements that you have to have the lane keeping set to EARLY and the car has to be able to see lane markings on both sides of the road. It works surprisingly well in heavy traffic on well marked roads.

Interesting you say you have a menu for EA in driver assist could you please take a photo of that menu ? As you can see in the MY17 car manual it doesn't talk about a menu .

If you have EA you have TJA note in the requirements that you have to have the lane keeping set to EARLY and the car has to be able to see lane markings on both sides of the road. It works surprisingly well in heavy traffic on well marked roads.

Interesting you say you have a menu for EA in driver assist could you please take a photo of that menu ? As you can see in the MY17 car manual it doesn't talk about a menu .

Thank you, when I changed the Lane keeping to EARLY it works as described, can't believe that my Audi dealer couldn't give me that info.

About the EA - I mistook the Distance Warning for the EA, my menu was set to danish and the translation for the Distance Warning, was very similar to what the emergency assist would be called if translated.

Just tried this - it turns the hazards switch on and instantly does a hard break.

Reactions: jrumball
Thank you, when I changed the Lane keeping to EARLY it works as described, can't believe that my Audi dealer couldn't give me that info.

About the EA - I mistook the Distance Warning for the EA, my menu was set to danish and the translation for the Distance Warning, was very similar to what the emergency assist would be called if translated.

No worries glad you have it all working, if you fancy testing the EA at some point I would be interested to know how it works for a factory fit car .

Thanks means there is still a bit of the coding we are missing.........

I do have an OBDeleven and can check the coding if you can tell me where in the code to look?

This is the coding from a Golf VII haven't had a chance to look on my car yet ..... and not sure if this is part of the EA or something seperate.

Screenshot 2018 11 11 at 182551