Burtburt89

Reaction score
Hi guys,

My first post (please be nice)...

I am looking for some advice on the best way to stream music from my phone to my A3 via Bluetooth...

I have a 2011 2.0 Audi A3 Sport with a double din Concert stereo and standard fitted Bluetooth (which will only make/receive calls).

I do not have the unit in the glove box either... I presume this is something that I need to buy?

If so, can this be fitted to the concert stereo or will that need fitting with to an audi sat nav unit?

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Luke

Alright mate, welcome.

I have just purchased Bluetooth as my new car didn't come with any at all which was a first for me. Usually, you can't stream with the factory ones I don't think. I bought a Denison Pro BT from their website. Simple to install (plugs into back of stereo in between stereo and original harness) and also links to MFSW too.

Cost was £177 I think but well worth it. Need to know anything else about it just ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends in your required level of integration, if you wanted track etc data on the head unit, then yes that needs updating, if interested on OEM Audi systems to achieve this, ping me a pm to discuss further.

Cheers mate,

I haven't heard of this solution yet so will have a look into it, thanks.

How does this play through the stereo? is it on a pre set radio channel? or the aux option?

Also does that mean it disables the factory fitted Bluetooth?

It seems a lot cheaper than the other options I've looked at..

Cheers,
Luke

Alright mate, welcome.

I have just purchased Bluetooth as my new car didn't come with any at all which was a first for me. Usually, you can't stream with the factory ones I don't think. I bought a Denison Pro BT from their website. Simple to install (plugs into back of stereo in between stereo and original harness) and also links to MFSW too.

Cost was £177 I think but well worth it. Need to know anything else about it just ask.

Ok, I will drop you a message,

Thanks,
Luke

Depends in your required level of integration, if you wanted track etc data on the head unit, then yes that needs updating, if interested on OEM Audi systems to achieve this, ping me a pm to discuss further.

Cheers mate,

I haven't heard of this solution yet so will have a look into it, thanks.

How does this play through the stereo? is it on a pre set radio channel? or the aux option?

Also does that mean it disables the factory fitted Bluetooth?

It seems a lot cheaper than the other options I've looked at..

Cheers,
Luke

Yes mate it plays through the stereo like the aux connection. Full control via steering wheel and info on dis also. I don't know if it affects other Bluetooth but you just choose which one to connect to and they shouldn't interfere with each other.

There are cheaper versions on eBay but I went with Denison as I read on here they were good but the Connects 2 does the same job for less than £100.

I would message Nigel first to see what he can do for you.

Thanks mate that's brilliant!

Much cheaper than I was expecting!