Audi A3 sound system

SavageParsnip

Reaction score
Hello all

So I recently took delivery of my A3 sportback s line. One of the options I wish I had gone for was one of the upgraded sound systems. I have the base system and I have to say it is rubbish. Prior to deliver I discussed this with my salesman. He assured me that he had the standard system in his car and it was still very capable. How wrong he was!

My question has anyone here upgraded their sound system post delivery? What systems have people used? And would this affect warranty?

Thanks all in advance!

I've upgraded my sound system from stock

So i Started off with just a sub now I have component speakers in the front , amp for the speakers and sub , if you want to add a sub you'll need a line out converter to tap off the speakers wires from the headunit this will give you rca connection for the sub. If you need any extra help just pm me. I've got a lc2i instead of a normal line out converter.

Thanks

you can retrofit audi sound system yourself if you want. i have. you need a computer with vids to enable the pins in the back of the headunit and subwoofer adjustment. then just run the wires you have enabled. i added the dash centre speaker also and its much better.

I've upgraded my sound system from stock

So i Started off with just a sub now I have component speakers in the front , amp for the speakers and sub , if you want to add a sub you'll need a line out converter to tap off the speakers wires from the headunit this will give you rca connection for the sub. If you need any extra help just pm me. I've got a lc2i instead of a normal line out converter.

Thanks

Hi also new on here just had a s3 8v and bought the bang oulfson sub as a upgrade to the one that's in now but the terminals are different do you know of a adapter? Thanks

The bang and olufson is twin coil hence why it has 4 pins in its connector. I can't speak on how it's connected and weather it would work with the standard head unit!!!