Audi A3 Service milage not resetting on VAGCOM

Fabio

Reaction score
Hi

I have searched high and low for an answer on this

I had my car service at 89,000 miles..... service milage reset fine.

Now its ats 100k and has just been serviced, the garage said they had difficulty resetting the service milage on it, these guys have done plenty of services before for me fine.

I said its ok i thought il sort it my self with a vag-com... but i just cannot get it to reset

I have tried the SRI reset tool..
i have tried the adaption method in one of the control...
I have tried pulling the Speedo button on the dash....

The oil resets fine but the service mileage doesn't change

i have no idea if its on long life,on fixed intervals

it had a service at 89K and then it said another one was due at 92k if that helps? it also had one at 48,62,78k so if anyone can work out if its fixed or long life that might help me in my googling!

What am i doing wrong???

Mine was an utter barstuard to reset, perseverance was the key when I did it.
from memory I unplugged the cable and started again trying to do it and after a few attempts upon reconnecting it eventually worked
HTH

Was you doing with the SRI reset tool?? or a different method?

which is the value that you need to concentrate on vag-com do you remember?

as nluk100 pointed out, on mine I did in the SRI reset section with the VCDS on the first page, to change the specified interval you have to go into the coding but I cant remember if that's in instruments or central electrical module part

If you go on the wiki part of rosstech, its a lot easier than hunting around for 45 minutes for stuff as it tells you how to do some of the more common procedures

Thats VW? will same principle apply to the A3?

When you reset turn the ignition off then back on and it should've reset it, driving a while can help as well.

Just for info (and to remind me in a years' time !!):

I had an absolute nightmare resetting my 2009 2L Tdi Quattro, with and without VAGCOM.

Tried the "pull the right knob on the display" thing and that didn't work. Researched on here and the internet and it said you couldn't do it that way on a 2009 car.

Used my VAGCOM and tried the "SRI Reset" options and there wasn't one for the way my car must have been deviously set up by the Audi technicians !!

Tried the "Select - 17 instruments - 10 Adaptions" and couldn't find a "resetting ESI" option. That didn't work !!

In the end, I searched on here yet again and came up with the other method I found on-line:

"17 instruments - 10 adaptions" Enter channel 2, 40, 41, 53, 55 and reset manually.

Struggled with that too, but in the end, by luck rather than skill, I ended up in the "55" page and a value was set for 720 (or something like that ??) I reset that to 1, and the service light finally went out. Hopefully, the light won't come back on in "1" days time !!

Hope that helps anyone else struggling :)