Audi A3 Roof Rails (Fake From China)

yeah and when the adhesive wears off and the rail impales the driver behind you, I am sure you will be happy you purchased these.

Reactions: Scott_Crossley and -Ju-
Or you sell the car on and someone thinks they are fitted correctly.
Do it right or not at all is how I see it

I await the first person to fit the roof box to them.

There are adhesive and only decoration.

I dont need opinion for the use...

Please.....

Reactions: cupraraj
Oh sorry you are serious about buying these for the look?

Obviously, i dont need to carry nothing!

That would be highly inadvisable, highly, implications are massive.

Reactions: James_TDi
You could bond them down though if you are serious about them , use CT1 and they are never coming off .

Lol, the automotive equivalent of a chocolate fire guard or a motorbike ash tray.
Because roof rails look so good?
Bizarre

You can't bond them down, its a serious issue awaiting to happen, they come of & hit someone like a javelin, that will kill & you'll be sued for untold.

The rails are too thin to be bonded so they wont come of, only option is to weld in place or bolt to the roof.

Anyone that bonds these I'm sorry to say would be very Ill advised.

I am not saying to do it but one thing I can personally guarantee , sticks like or ct1 will bond anything , I use them all the time and they are very very strong adhesives .

And tbh it's not a lot different to spoilers that are just held on with 3m tape that I lot of car manufacturers fit .

Uhhhh nooo, spoilers on vag cars are bolted in place usually & the edges are held in a nice aesthetic way only with tape, safety wise they use bolts & a spoiler isn't metal either, although also dangerous if it was to come of.

Um did I say vag cars ???
I have had bmw's for the last 30 years , boot spoilers ACS roof spoilers etc , they are all held in with 3m tape , like I keep saying I am not condoning the fitment of these but if they are stuck down properly I don't see the problem tbh .

Reactions: cupraraj
As its a vag forum, then I'm discussing vag cars lol.

BMW is a swear word around here :p