Audi A3 Roof Rails (Fake From China)

-Ju-

VCDS Map User
Or you sell the car on and someone thinks they are fitted correctly.
Do it right or not at all is how I see it

James_TDi

Roof rails that you can't actually use as roof rails?! :sos:

NHN

Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
That would be highly inadvisable, highly, implications are massive.

MICHAEL PARKER

S3 Sportback
You could bond them down though if you are serious about them , use CT1 and they are never coming off .

CHEZ

moderately amusing
Supporter
Lol, the automotive equivalent of a chocolate fire guard or a motorbike ash tray.
Because roof rails look so good?
Bizarre

MICHAEL PARKER

S3 Sportback
Lol, the automotive equivalent of a chocolate fire guard or a motorbike ash tray.
Because roof rails look so good?
Bizarre
I quite like mine lol

NHN

Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
You can't bond them down, its a serious issue awaiting to happen, they come of & hit someone like a javelin, that will kill & you'll be sued for untold.

The rails are too thin to be bonded so they wont come of, only option is to weld in place or bolt to the roof.

Anyone that bonds these I'm sorry to say would be very Ill advised.

MICHAEL PARKER

S3 Sportback
I am not saying to do it but one thing I can personally guarantee , sticks like or ct1 will bond anything , I use them all the time and they are very very strong adhesives .

MICHAEL PARKER

S3 Sportback
And tbh it's not a lot different to spoilers that are just held on with 3m tape that I lot of car manufacturers fit .

NHN

Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Uhhhh nooo, spoilers on vag cars are bolted in place usually & the edges are held in a nice aesthetic way only with tape, safety wise they use bolts & a spoiler isn't metal either, although also dangerous if it was to come of.

MICHAEL PARKER

S3 Sportback
Um did I say vag cars ???
I have had bmw's for the last 30 years , boot spoilers ACS roof spoilers etc , they are all held in with 3m tape , like I keep saying I am not condoning the fitment of these but if they are stuck down properly I don't see the problem tbh .

NHN

Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
As its a vag forum, then I'm discussing vag cars lol.

BMW is a swear word around here :p

MICHAEL PARKER

S3 Sportback
Boing boing:footy::footy: