Audi A3 Question

JamieT

Reaction score
After 2015 on the Audi A3 the headlights changed a bit , the tail lights changed and with dynamic lights and the dynamic led indicators were added onto the wing mirrors I am wondering can you buy the led light from that wing mirror seperately and replace the old led on the Audi A3 8v 2015 wing mirror or if not is it a straight swap with mirrors ?

The vehicle platform was face lifted late 2016.

Dynamic LED indicators were never an OEM option on this platform but third party leds can be found on eBay and aliexpress etc.

Reactions: JamieT
but can the original oem dynamic led light be bought separately and fitted to pre 2016 models or full mirror if not ?

but can the original oem dynamic led light be bought separately and fitted to pre 2016 models or full mirror if not ?
There was no original OEM dynamic led light, but 3rd party ones can yes.

sorry ok so the dynamic led lights were never factory fitted to 2016 models they were aftermarkets ? I thought those were factory fitted to the car and could buy them seperately and fit them to 2015 models ?

Last edited:
sorry ok so the dynamic led lights on the wing mirrors after 2016 cannot be bought separately?
Yes u can, if u have s-line 2013-2016 it should work, but if u have sport, it might need messing with vcds I suppose

sorry ok so the dynamic led lights were never factory fitted to 2016 models they were aftermarkets ? I thought those were factory fitted to the car and could buy them seperately and fit them to 2015 models ?
Dynamic wing mirror indicators were never fitted to any audis new or old as far as I know. They are aftermarket parts.

when installing the aftermarket led dynamic lights is it a straight swap or do you have to vcd activate them ?

I thought the newer ones had them 66/68 plates
Not that I’ve seen. I have an 18 plate.
dynamic indicators on the rear lights are on sline models and above and on the headlight you need matrix led headlights or aftermarket lights.

Not that I’ve seen. I have an 18 plate.
dynamic indicators on the rear lights are on sline models and above and on the headlight you need matrix led headlights or aftermarket lights.
oh can you get dynamic indicator lights for the headlights aswell ? I

oh can you get dynamic indicator lights for the headlights aswell ? I
Yup. Not a cheap or easy retrofit. There’s no really any simple plug and play retrofits, all will need sensors, calibration or coding which can cost a fortune.

Guess thats the only plug and play retrofits :wink:
Pretty much. Rear lights (led to led) require wiring and coding (halogen to LED) more wiring and more coding. Headlights = a lot of work and well over four figures.

Reactions: AlS3BE
Lol this thread is a bit confusing.

PFL had no dynamic indicators anywhere.
FL had them at the rear as standard
FL had them on the front only as part of Matrix LED lights
Wing-mirrors never had them

:)

Reactions: AlS3BE, DJAlix and JamieT
Do you have the part number for the dynamic led light ? I have s line 2015
Tail ? no but i have link u might be interested : https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesal...xt=sportb+dynamic+cornering+lights+taillight+
or

But this guy retrofitted his lights sucessfully with audi orig. onto pre-facelift

no i mean the dynamic led indicators on the wing mirrors. i know you can update the tail lights and headlights to the newer ones but I prefer the older ones lol although I am thinking of getting the matrix (2015 shape) ones as they have the dynamic indicators i think its a straight swap i may be wrong though

no i mean the dynamic led indicators on the wing mirrors. i know you can update the tail lights and headlights to the newer ones but I prefer the older ones lol although I am thinking of getting the matrix (2015 shape) ones as they have the dynamic indicators i think its a straight swap i may be wrong though
Ahh on mirrors aaah, was confused.. no there were no original only chinese .. I have them now for 2 years and no problems.. (guy in video has them too aftermarket)
Maybe audi noticed and started doing them only now? :)

Ahh on mirrors aaah, was confused.. no there were no original only chinese .. I have them now for 2 years and no problems.. (guy in video has them too aftermarket)
Maybe audi noticed and started doing them only now? :)
i'm not sure. which ones did you get ? i ordered grey ones though i'm thinking i made a mistake maybe should've went for black or white led indicators for the wing mirrors

i'm not sure. which ones did you get ? i ordered grey ones though i'm thinking i made a mistake maybe should've went for black or white led indicators for the wing mirrors
You really souldn't have white ? There are only orange I guess. Only orange becuse it is law standard .. You will find plenty on ebay now.. or even some sellingon fb marketplce cheap.

You really souldn't have white ? There are only orange I guess. Only orange becuse it is law standard .. You will find plenty on ebay now.. or even some sellingon fb marketplce cheap.
lol they all light up orange but the actual outer part come in grey white/clear or black .... black/smoke might look nice

would be good if you could somehow how modify the original led indicator and add the dynamic one to it !
No chance.. it is sealed LED in plastic ..
Why would you do it when it is just 10 min job? :)

Attachments

• IMG_20210806_213123.jpg
    IMG_20210806_213123.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 44
that led just looks like the original one ?
This is actual original the sequential are in the car . I kept original in case :) And checked it cloesly and you don't want to try messing with it will end up breaking .

No such thing as 2015 matrix. The prefacelift LED head lights were just that, LED headlights. Matrix lights offer very different functionality. Suggest a Google as it’s pretty cool to see how the system works.

the 3rd party “matrix” prefacelift headlights which are now available are just matrix “style”, ie they are the same looking design and have the sweeping turn signals. They don’t have true matrix functionality.