Andybails

Reaction score
Hi there new to all these forums so bare with me lol. I have problem with my A3 Quattro Sline (2.0 TDI 140BHP) I brought the car over 3 years ago. the underneath of my engine is lathered in oil I have no idea we're it's coming from I've tried cleaning it up to see we're it's coming from but there is no visible sign and after a short time it's completely lathered again I regularly check the oil but I'm not losing oil I've had to top it up a little bit every few months at most I've had it in at a garage they've said its like a needle in a hay stack under there they replaced return boost pipe thinking it was that as it looked like it had been crushed from a previous repair. Previous owner said he had replaced the turbo as it had gone on it he used and said that was the result of the advisory of oil leak. The leak looks like its coming from the right side as if you was looking up from the bottom the the left is dry no oil. Any help would be appreciated.

If it were me I would use some engine degreaser and get it totally spotless. Then run it and keep checking every couple of days. It is unlikely the oil would move upwards so you should be able to pinpoint the cause of the leak.

Reactions: Janice_3S3 and abmat