Audi A3 MFSW install and missing parts! need help please

Michael_Van_black

Reaction score
Hi.

I could not find any answer in any other thread about this so forgive me if I ask another dumb question.

I'm about to install a new MFSW on my Audi A3 8P. I know that the SW fit, I have the right steering modul:8P0 953 549 F and I will buy the wiring loop 8P0 971 589 Q and I have the slip ring 1KO 959 653D.

I have an Audi RNS-E 3G+ Media for A3 8P, Fiscon Basic plus for Audi.

The workshop guys told me that I may need to buy a Steering Wheel Control Interface CTSAD002.2 from connects2r so I can use the radio/music etc. with the controls. ( This is because even if the radio is original it may be that it is not compatible with the vehicle's steering axle module and steering electronics since it is from a newer type A3. Is this true?

They are going to use vcdc for the coding but I have to be sure if i need the CTSAD002.2 part or not so I don't pay for the job twice!

I appreciate any help! thanks!

Tell them to jog on mate!!
As long as you are using with an Audi radio/RNS-e, the controls will work!
Also if I am not mistaken, with the fiscon units, they should incorporate with the Audi system, and as long as everything is coded correctly including the bluetooth, everything should work like original.

TBH, if their giving you dud information like that, then they clearly don't know what they are doing. I would personally go elsewhere.

ok thank mate!

I will tell this to the workshop guys and if they still insist about the adapter I will go somewhere else. I don't have the vcdc cabel so can't do that by myself + I will feel safer if some workshop do that for me just in case something goes wrong!

I'm thinking to buy the cabel from nigel, I'm thinking in upgrading the backtails to LED too:)