Audi A3 Limp Mode but no error codes

jasper437

Reaction score
I have an Audi A3 2.0 Tdi 2004 62000miles. First instance was it went into limp mode with orange engine light, on scan error code P0234 Over boost. Turned off engine light and deleted error code.

Garage told me due to car sitting in garage for a few months during Cov-19 isolation, more than likely carbon on vanes and advised to treat fuel with 2 bottles of Forte Advanced diesel treatment to clean system.

However the car runs fine turbo appears ok, until I hit 8o mph, whereas it loses power down to 6o mph and no turbo kicking in, there is no engine warning light and on scan shows no errors.

However on stopping turning engine off then restarting engine all runs fine again until taking it to 80 MPH on the speedo.

I have taken the car to the high revs to red on speedo to just under 80 MPH and it runs ok, occasionally it kicks out some smoke which hopefully is the system getting cleaned. But I cannot understand why the car keeps losing power {{limp mode} but no engine light or error code?

Anyone advise where to start looking at possible reasons, as my garage has also scanned and found nothing, just said keep running it and give it the gun to clean out the system?

A a product called revive gets squirted into the intake pipe after the maf, works wonder for sticky veins

The turbo needs removing & cleaning, a job I've done numerous times.

The fuel additive wont do squat if its vanes clogged.

Whereabouts are you located.