Audi A3 illuminated door sills??

J4MMYz

Reaction score
Got my A3 s line on order, just seen on the audi configurator you can have illuminated door sills?

Is this a pack of lies? since I can't find nout about it, or any pictures/video's.

If it's true, is it the s line sill illuminated or a special door sill? If it's special i'll leave it I think...

Cheers!

Got my A3 s line on order, just seen on the audi configurator you can have illuminated door sills?

Is this a pack of lies? since I can't find nout about it, or any pictures/video's.

If it's true, is it the s line sill illuminated or a special door sill? If it's special i'll leave it I think...

Cheers!

Morning, it's part of the interior lighting package I believe.

I was hoping someone would say that the interior light package bring the illuminated door sills... heres to hoping!

I figured it might, since I have the s line which has door sills already, i'm guessing the thing on audi config is for SE/Sport without door sills... maybe...

I was hoping someone would say that the interior light package bring the illuminated door sills... heres to hoping!

I figured it might, since I have the s line which has door sills already, i'm guessing the thing on audi config is for SE/Sport without door sills... maybe...

According to the specification guide:-

"Interior lighting package - anti-glare lighting for the passenger compartment comprising door sill and footwell lighting at the front as well as illuminated inside door openers, vanity mirrors and illuminated cup holders, 2 reading lights each at the front and rear, LED interior ambient lighting and active door reflectors."

Well the specification guide must be telling porkies then, as I am looking at an Oct 13 version of the spec guide, it too says what you've quoted above, I have the ILP, but no door sill lighting!

It won't be the first time the spec guide is wrong, we were promised special S keys, brushed steel footrests etc. !

Ah! "sill lights" = "puddle lamps" (which are in the bottom of the doors)
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/interior-lights-in-xenon-light-package.191301/#post-1893476

Well the specification guide must be telling porkies then, as I am looking at an Oct 13 version of the spec guide, it too says what you've quoted above, I have the ILP, but no door sill lighting!

It won't be the first time the spec guide is wrong, we were promised special S keys, brushed steel footrests etc. !

Ah! "sill lights" = "puddle lamps" (which are in the bottom of the doors)
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/interior-lights-in-xenon-light-package.191301/#post-1893476

Oh, that's not good!

BUT just been looking ont' 'tinterweb images and the S3 cabrio RHD drive gets the brushed steel footrest! Crazy!

au018912.jpg

Checked on the Audi configurator thingy as well and the S3 cabrio showing brushed steel footrest too

Wonder if it can be purchased from Audi & retro fitted ;)

We've debated this since 2013 ! And no-one has ever got a RHD brushed steel footrest off Audi, despite complaining.

You could be the pioneer !

(Has the carbrio really got a brushed footrest, or is that just the brochure)

BUT just been looking ont' 'tinterweb images and the S3 cabrio RHD drive gets the brushed steel footrest! Crazy!

au018912.jpg

Checked on the Audi configurator thingy as well and the S3 cabrio showing brushed steel footrest too

Wonder if it can be purchased from Audi & retro fitted ;)

That looks like a Photoshop job as the shape if the RHD footrest is not the same as the LHD which is what that shows. And the volume control is on the wrong side. So I don't think that item exists so you could always do what I did and buy this from eBay

IMG_1465.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: veeeight
Not sure where that cabin shot came from BH.

The S3 cab is pretty much identical to my S3 cabin, ie not brushed aluminium foot rest.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 499
Definitely a bad photoshop job.

Look at the "S" logo on the steering wheel.

thats as maybe but it is not a true RHD car - someone has frigged a photo of a LHD car and made it like it is RHD! So the footrest does not exist for our cars.

thats as maybe but it is not a true RHD car - someone has frigged a photo of a LHD car and made it like it is RHD! So the footrest does not exist for our cars.
Just wanted to let you all know I didn't photoshop it! (not that I would know how or have PS) :)

The thought never entered our heads - honestly!
But someone (perhaps in AE) decided they didn't have the right photo for the article and ......
However it is very unfair that RHD S3 cars don't get the nice metal footrest. I wouldn't expect lowly A3 models to get it as we don't even get alloy pedal covers :(

No, we weren't suggesting that you (BH) had photoshop'd the photo!

Someone who used the LHD version of the photo did !

Sat in an S3 cabriolet last week and can confirm it does NOT have a brushed metal foot rest.

Reactions: veeeight
Digging this one up....

I have the illuminated door sills, wondering if anybody else does?

I am trying to work out if mine are working correctly.. I sort of expected the S3 to light up all the time the door was opened (like a fridge light) but mine seem to go out after 5 or 10seconds even with the door still open.

I am thinking they have wired them off the wrong fuse in the box (they were dealer fit)

Digging this one up....

I have the illuminated door sills, wondering if anybody else does?

I am trying to work out if mine are working correctly.. I sort of expected the S3 to light up all the time the door was opened (like a fridge light) but mine seem to go out after 5 or 10seconds even with the door still open.

I am thinking they have wired them off the wrong fuse in the box (they were dealer fit)

If these are the same as the ones in the accessory brochure are they not battery powered and triggered by a magnet on the door ?

Reactions: wideboybloke
Battery?

How does it get changed?

Battery?

How does it get changed?

I've no idea im afraid ;o(

Have a look at the bottom of you door for a stuck on magnet that may suggest it is the same as the accessory one.

They were supposed to come as standard on the e-tron but it was a mistake in the brochure. I pushed the issue and they offered to retrofit A3 sills which were battery powered but I declined and opted for a free service package in lieu.

Yep those are what I've got,,, I like them

Wish they stayed a light a tad longer but still cool.

God knows how I change the battery when it comes to it, but thats an issue for another day!

Reactions: Rob2k68
I wouldn't have minded if they had fitted them at the factory as they were supposed to do, but I didn't want to risk damage to the new car during a retro fit. I was led to understand that they are each powered by a lithium battery, but I don't know how big or capacity.

On the online configurator thing for mine, it clearly said that they were a dealer fit item.

Didn't worry me to be honest, at the end of the day its a car. Got to trust other people with it at some point.

Dealer takes all the transport film stuff and what-not off it. Have you seen the way the cars get loaded on the car transporters and the ships?!

I haven't seen them loading the transporters but I have seen them unloading. I asked my dealer to leave all the transport film stuff for my detailer to remove but I see your point. It's going in for its first service next week!