Facelift Audi A3 HB S-Line 2.0 TFSI Quattro S-Tronic 190ps in Daytona Grey

Shropshire Lad

Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone, Been reading the banter over the last 15 months, purchased an A3 150 COD sport SB last year but changed it last Saturday for this -
Audi A3 HB S-Line 2.0 TFSI Quattro S-Tronic 190ps in Daytona Grey c/w black Alcantara, Comfort and Sound Pack, Auto dim rear view mirror, Folding door mirrors, High Beam assist, Hill Hold assist Inlays Matt Brushed Aluminium Light Design, Privacy Glass and Five arm Dynamic Ddesign Alloy wheels. Much more to my liking and a massive difference to driver satisfaction. Will post more when done a few miles.
P1060009
P1060035
P1060037
P1060054
P1060055
P1060056

Reactions: Rob2k68, Darroch, Brumbrum1 and 15 others
Looks great, congrats.

Did yours come with the new virtual cockpit or is that an optional extra ? (i haven't done my home work on the facelift yet!)

Reactions: SpeedyFrog and pburv
It's an optional extra, you need to spec Technology Pack Advanced for VC.

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Bittern and pburv
Very nice OP congratulations! :respekt:

Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
@Shropshire Lad welcome to Audi-sport.net. Nice car. We look forward to hearing more about it. Enjoy. :)

Reactions: Rob2k68, SpeedyFrog, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Great looking car mate...Enjoy :salute:

Reactions: Rob2k68, SpeedyFrog and Sandra
Just noticed the quattro led beam on the floor......:rock:

Took me a while to find it... :)

Would have missed unless you mentioned it...

Reactions: Rob2k68, TDI-line, SpeedyFrog and 4 others
Very nice. Still undecided on the standard 18s or the options!!!! Lovely car and welcome along.

Reactions: Rob2k68, SpeedyFrog and pburv
Cracking looking car mate congrats awesome spec as well,cars shoutin oot for carbonara...lol door mirror covers

Reactions: Rob2k68, SpeedyFrog and Simon L
Another splendid looking Daytona beasty joins the fold!! lol Congrats :racer:

Reactions: Rob2k68, Gordo77, SpeedyFrog and 1 other person
There's just something about the Dynamic Arm alloys that I really like... congrats and enjoy @Shropshire Lad

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Simon L
Lovely mate. How are you finding the engine? I tried to arrange a test drive but the local dealer doesn't have one.

Looks spot on.

How are you getting on with the alcantara, i'm thinking about speccing it this time round, and have not seen it yet.

At last another 2.0 TFSI 190.
It's a great engine.
Mine is run in now.
I'm sure you will love the car.

Many thanks to everyone for your kind welcomes. The car specification was ordered at Shrewsbury Audi on the 6/8/16 from Sales guy Richard Jones who was brilliant from start to finish. The car arrived at the dealership on 27/9/16 and I collected it last Saturday 1/10/16 which I thought was pretty good going time wise. The Audi Quattro beams was a gift from the Richard along with other nice surprises considering I had a great discount. I did think about door mirror capping's but got that look from Mrs Lad so the're on the back burner at the moment. So far the car picks up speed pretty quickly considering it's new and the torque allows change ups through the box at quite low revs. The Alcantara trim was something I really wanted but did contemplate the rotor grey until I saw it in the flesh on the day of ordering, it was nice but preferred the black in the end and probably will keep cleaner in the long run. Would quite possibly picked the grey over black if I went for leather. Anyway it looks and feels great and helps to stops you sliding around. Before driving it out of the showroom when under the lights the wheel rear contrast colour looked a brilliant match for the Daytona bodywork colour. Richard also said that they don't sell many A3's with this engine and gearbox set up so It will be quite rare. I did contemplate a S3 but this one got me to my budget limit.

Reactions: SJ43, richinsoton, Rob2k68 and 2 others
Looks spot on.

How are you getting on with the alcantara, i'm thinking about speccing it this time round, and have not seen it yet.

Hi TDI-line, Took a few photos up close of Alcantara, grey was nice but black will keep better.
P1060065
P1060066
P1060067

Reactions: TDI-line, richinsoton and Rob2k68
Stunning looking Daytona beast - welcome aboard !!

Really like the wheels, they look like a 2 dimensional rotor but with a fully polished surface.

same wheels - I think they're great and also easy to clean. Well worth £300ish.
Wish I had gone for Alcantara. Standard cloth looks good but is actually a bit like fishing line..........I'm sure it will last well but its also very slippy and sweaty in hot weather....not a great look. Maybe its just me.
IMG 2960
IMG 2965

Reactions: Scottyg and Rob2k68
Great looking car Brumbrum1, yes the wheels make a big difference to the look of the car and agree they are easily cleaned. How are you finding the pick up of speed with our engine and gearbox?

Reactions: Rob2k68
Great looking car Brumbrum1, yes the wheels make a big difference to the look of the car and agree they are easily cleaned. How are you finding the pick up of speed with our engine and gearbox?
I took it easy for the first 1000 miles but found the torque / S Tronic meant I could travel swiftly without pushing the engine at all. It drives like a very refined diesel.
That said, I now drive with the engine / gearbox in dynamic but steering in auto. Find a bit of open road, switch to manual, hold the revs..........makes a great noise and your in red line territory before you know it. Very smooth.

Reactions: Rob2k68
I took it easy for the first 1000 miles but found the torque / S Tronic meant I could travel swiftly without pushing the engine at all. It drives like a very refined diesel.
That said, I now drive with the engine / gearbox in dynamic but steering in auto. Find a bit of open road, switch to manual, hold the revs..........makes a great noise and your in red line territory before you know it. Very smooth.

From the first few miles I also thought it was like a refined diesel power delivery. What tyres have you got? I'm running on Bridgestones and find the ride very supple but the handling still engaging.

Many congrats to Shropshire Lad (having congratulated Brumbrum1). I can now look forward to two informants on this new and underexposed engine! Very little press comment at all.

A bit staggered that S..Lad got his car in two months on a factory order.. Perhaps the 190 ps petrol is not very popular (for no good reason) and the production line is fairly free. I'm going for a saloon I think with Quattro and Stronic. I'm also thinking of indulging myself with the VC and Matrix lights too!

Am now getting assailed by BMW as my 3 series is 5 months from contract end. As the 3 series is now some 4 years old with a mild facelift, they are throwing significant discounts into the argument say 15-20% - another reason might be the penalty on £40.000 list price on road tax after 1st April next year as every large engined 3 series will go over limit before discount.

Well done guys and I look forward to more updates as the engines loosen up in time.

Reactions: Brumbrum1 and Shropshire Lad
From the first few miles I also thought it was like a refined diesel power delivery. What tyres have you got? I'm running on Bridgestones and find the ride very supple but the handling still engaging.
Same tyres.
I was a bit concerned that the standard S Line suspension may be a bit too firm for me but its fine.
Firm enough to give an entertaining drive but never harsh.
Love almost everything except -
key hasn't changed in at least 10 years (& I have advanced key so why I have to carry a big key about escapes me)
When the traction control kicks in on a standing start the whole front of the car shakes and the noise is terrible.
Hill hold is completely unnecessary.

Reactions: Shropshire Lad
What sort of mpg are you guys getting. I have a 2.0 TDI 184 s-tronic quattro at the moment which I love but I am thinking of trying a 190 if I can find a dealer with one. I currently get around 46-47 mpg but I assume the 190 will be less.

What sort of mpg are you guys getting. I have a 2.0 TDI 184 s-tronic quattro at the moment which I love but I am thinking of trying a 190 if I can find a dealer with one. I currently get around 46-47 mpg but I assume the 190 will be less.
I had a gentle 80 mile A road trip. Returned 45mpg which I thought was fantastic.
7 gears helps.
Town driving is mid 30's.

I have the tfsi 190 in an A4 Avant. Coming up to 2000 miles now and it runs beautifully. Very smooth and impressive acceleration even in a big beast like the A4. Fuel economy is improving; I get readings of up to 45 mpg on the DIS but between brim to brim fill-ups it's 38mpg. I'm told that will improve. I think you need s tronic to get the best fuel economy because of the 7th gear - at 80mph it revs at 2000. Very civilised and it will keep that up all day.

Not done much mileage yet as I've been on holiday but only done a few short trips up to 12 miles and the computer says 35.6mpg, I'll take this with a pinch of salt. Next week I'll be back at work and 350 miles under the belt so will have a better idea then.

@Shropshire Lad have you thought about having the mirrors wrapped, instead of the caps? Much cheaper ( so keeps Mrs Lad onside) and you can have anything from plain colour to brushed aluminium to carbon effect.

Sweet-looking motor btw

Thanks guys for the mpg information. The 190 is not going to be as economical as my current TDI 184 but that's not the only consideration when buying a car. I went out this afternoon as a passenger in my wife's 1.2 TFSI Polo and I must say it was very quiet. I'm sure the 190 will be the same. All I need to do now is to find a dealer where I can have a test drive to compare.

Welcome to club daytona.
I specced alcantara on my S3 and really pleased with it. Even in lunar silver it still looks great after 7000 miles.
The seven speed gearbox sounds interesting. My Pfl is six speed of course. Though 7k in she is really opening up. I am sure the exhausts sound sweeter too.
Hope you give it a good detail., Daytona really comes up well