1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Audi A3 Front Sensor Retrofit

Callum Jarvis Jun 7, 2018

1. RJ-8V

RJ-8V Registered User

Then like i said before, swap your parking module with someone who has it factory fitted.

My thoughts.
    The hw is suited for a flash with Audi a3 software. Use Odis-E and then VCP to parameterise it.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. RJ-8V

RJ-8V Registered User

Factory parking module from an A3 PFL. Look at the sw number. [​IMG]

There is a flashfile for sw 0054 but the sw number would then be 5Q0919294K.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

4. Callum Jarvis

Callum Jarvis Registered User

Someone with a FL or PFL car ?

5. RJ-8V

RJ-8V Registered User

Good question....try both :)

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

6. Callum Jarvis

I guess I'll go on the hunt..My thing is tho, It's not, not working. I can deactivate it with the button once triggered through the reverse gear...the sensors are all recognised correctly....wiring appears to be correct...I just can't activate it through the PDC button itself...hahah

I'm going to DM you with a link to my coding.

RJ-8V likes this.
  7. RJ-8V

RJ-8V Registered User

Haha i know the feeling. If you retrofit something it has to work 100% not 99%.

Had the same thing when coding Rear Cross traffic on my car. It did everything except the brake jolt. Could not let it rest and figured it out. Now it works exactly like factory fitted.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

8. AlS3BE

AlS3BE Registered User

Do you need new grills as I can’t see/imagine where they would go?
    I have a black edition if that makes any difference.
    Annoyingly if I was to spec the car I would have ticked the box for park system plus but it was a stock car and a good deal plus it would have just put me over the premium car tax as well. I just managed to stay under by a bean.
    Apologies guys/gals for hijacking the thread a bit.

9. Callum Jarvis

Hi no new grill is needed, they clip into the existing grill next to the number plate :)

AlS3BE likes this.
  10. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding™ Limited Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User VAG Can Professional ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

Cannot find any available firmware for: 5QD919294E. Factory Release maybe
    Two holes would be made in the bumper for the outer two sensors, one each side. For the inner two sensors, these would be mounted within their own grill inserts which are then pushed in to the vehicles front grill:

a1 f sensors-800x800.jpg

AlS3BE and stote like this.
  11. RJ-8V

RJ-8V Registered User

Factory release could be possible but then i would see it in the system.

Discussed it with my collegae and he also thinks its from a Kodiaq because those have 5QD numbers.

1) swap modules
    2) reflash and parametrise with Audi software
    3) check coding again. I saw a difference in the coding with other modules with same hw. Trial and error methode haha

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. AlS3BE

AlS3BE Registered User

Cheers for the advice guys. Much appreciated.
    I might have got confused somewhere along the lines but does the sensor come painted out the box or ordered with colour on them?
    To be honest punching holes in the bumper scares the **** out of me even with the right tools.

14. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding™ Limited Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User VAG Can Professional ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

As a professional retrofitter I have the option, when ordering from my trade suppliers, to have the sensor pre-painted. I understand that some consumer suppliers offer this also. If not then the sensors will be Matt Black or Primed and ready to be painted.

AlS3BE likes this.
  15. AlS3BE

AlS3BE Registered User

Makes sense painted rather than painting them later unless you have a black car.
    Thanks alix, just adding to the list and now trying to find an excuse to drive to London. Wonder if I can get my boss to pay me mileage instead of a plane ticket to London. Lol.

DJAlix likes this.
  16. Khufu

Khufu Registered User

17. Schizophonic

Schizophonic Registered User

thats the same one callum ordered isnt it?

18. Callum Jarvis

Probs, they're all the same on Alixpress. I have a right hand drive car tho.

Schizophonic likes this.
  19. Khufu

Khufu Registered User

oops, i meant LHD, its RHD i wanted! i guess you could mix n match the buttons/wires to suit needs if brave enough to strip the unit

20. Callum Jarvis

The drive select button is on the other side (to the left) but it works completely fine without any type of wire changes (plug and play)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
    Khufu likes this.
  21. danielhfp

danielhfp Registered User

hi,
    I have the same problem like Callum Jarvis. Do you have a Solution?
    If i press the Button in the dashboard, i can only activate the parking sensor, but no picture in the MMI.
    If i putting the car into reverse, everything works fine with the camera and parking sensor.
    I changed the pdc module from FL into my PFL and its the same problem.

22. Callum Jarvis

Hey it’s reassuring to know I’m not alone I sort of figured it out and I’m now almost certain it’s down to the CAN wiring. I tapped into the CAN from the parking module and plugged it into the MMI quad lock. This activated the button but for me took away the reverse camera...two steps forward 1 step back.

23. tquattro

tquattro Registered User

Hi,

Did you got to the bottom of this, Callum Jarvis?
    I have factory front+rear parking sensors, a retrofited MIB2 High(hacked) and a retrofited rear camera (the newer one, with integrated control module) and I have the exact same issue as the OP . After the MIB2 install, but before the rear cam retrofit, the PDC button worked as expected, but after the rear camera retrofit... the PDC button doesn't bring the camera/parking sensors image on the MMI screen but it does enable the sensors beeps, only by putting the gear in reverse I can see the OPS and camera feed on the MMI screen. I do get an error on module 6C(rear cam): "message Parkhilfe_01 not received"(+"no basic setting" but I hadn't calibrated the camera yet, so I ignore this error for now). I spliced the CAN wires of the camera into the CAN wires entering the MIB2 quadlock connector. Did you had any error on your camera module?

24. Khufu

Khufu Registered User

i take it Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-VPS-oxoB_msg_bus is set to canbus infotainment?

25. tquattro

tquattro Registered User

Yes, I tried that + the others options for msg_bus. For what is worth, if I set Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-VPS_0x0B to Off, the PDC button brings the OPS graphic on the MMI screen.

26. Colibri84

Colibri84 Registered User

Hi, here also the same problem with PDC button and FL camera and MIB2. Would downgrade to PFL camera + module will help?

27. Philip85

Philip85 Registered User

Any solution ? I also have that problem
    When the camera has no power the button works
    I tried to hook the camera on the reverse light its seems to work but very slow
    I have a hacked mib2 and build in camera module

28. Philip85

Philip85 Registered User

i have the same issue did you resolve it?
    When i dont give the camera power it works but when i plug in the camera it will not popup automatic on the mmi

29. Callum Jarvis

Hi Guys,

I never came to a solution, I ended up getting a new Q2 with factory front and rear sensors...sorry I couldn't help further.

Thanks,
    Cal

Philip85 likes this.
  30. Philip85

Philip85 Registered User

Then i think i also need to look for another car

31. Philip85

Philip85 Registered User

Hi did you resolve the issue?

32. Philip85

Philip85 Registered User

Well for the pdc button working and popup on screen should update the can gateway a guy is checking now for me because i have the audi drive select button and start stop
    He is affraid i will lose that function after update

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. RJ-8V

RJ-8V Registered User

And ofcourse solved :)

35. d3vilstarz

d3vilstarz Registered User

Curious to know , if pre fl 8v front bumper removed , how do i know where to drill the exact location to fit the front sensors as i am considering to fit OPS for my pre FL

is there any marking indication at the back of the bumper ?

36. DJAlix

Marked on the inside

37. d3vilstarz

Thanks Mate , so which i assume rear bumper also does have the marking for sensors - for OPS installation

any difference between FL and Pre FL , saw some photos online that some Pre-FL sensors position is not the same as FL

38. DJAlix

All marked up with crosshairs in their respective positions.

39. d3vilstarz

Thanks managed to find the crosshairs

Does anyone have any ideas that placing an front OPS parking sensors to the rear will cost any issue ?
    for pre fl A3 8v

i am confused - i do understand rear tyre ABS tyre sensors will need to be replace ? is it difficult to removed ? who has an elsa digram for connection wise ?

Attached Files:

40. d3vilstarz

where should i place this ?

1.jpeg

41. swuw231

swuw231 Registered User

Front buzzer is located near the parking sensor module, by the main fusebox, there is a space where the buzzer is tucked into place (hopefully the image makes it clear):

upload_2020-9-2_15-58-33.png

Regarding the ABS sensors, you will only need to replace them if you are planning on installing full 12K OPS (12 sensors plus auto parking function).

Cheers!

d3vilstarz likes this.
  42. d3vilstarz

Thanks mate , your picture does help ! appreciated :)

43. d3vilstarz

i will be fitting full 12 sensors OPS , default sensors is only 4 rear at the back , does any one have any wiring diagram to show how the connection , as i bought from aliexpress , seller did not reply :(