Audi A3 Engine Swap Advice

Would you put in a 2.0tfsi in a 1.6 A3 or just buy a 2.0tfsi A3 ?

• Get rid of the 1.6 engine

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hristo Slavov

Reaction score
Good day,

I have an Audi A3 1.6 2005 plate and have been thinking of engine swapping a 2.0 TFSI into it, to not only make the car faster but also Stage 1 and possibly Stage 2 it afterwards.

Price of engine swapping a 2.0tfsi would be £1,700, by a Auto Engines UK, based by Rainham.

I’m just not sure wether to go down this root, or to just sell this A3 and buy a same shape A3 as I have but 2.0 TFSI obviously?

There are advantages & disadvantages for going either way, so if you could give me your advice and what you would rather do, will help me out a lot.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Wow thank you so much for this..

I’m not connected with them at all, I saw an ad on eBay they advertised, £1,700 for a full engine swap and 6 month warranty..

Reactions: Steve D
Might as well get the 2.0 from Copart or similar

Reactions: Hristo Slavov
Also it’s not just the engine to consider - can’t overlook the need to then upgrade brakes etc

Good day,

I have an Audi A3 1.6 2005 plate and have been thinking of engine swapping a 2.0 TFSI into it, to not only make the car faster but also Stage 1 and possibly Stage 2 it afterwards.

Price of engine swapping a 2.0tfsi would be £1,700, by a Auto Engines UK, based by Rainham.

I’m just not sure wether to go down this root, or to just sell this A3 and buy a same shape A3 as I have but 2.0 TFSI obviously?

There are advantages & disadvantages for going either way, so if you could give me your advice and what you would rather do, will help me out a lot.

Thank you.
Just buy a 2.0 A3. There’s more than just the engine that are different so I’d sell the car and buy a 2.0.

Def get the 2.0 car rather than swapping engines.
As mentioned theres other things to consider other than just the engine.

Also if going stage 2 or beyond, consider getting a quattro.
Mate of mine k04 swapped a 2.0 tt, running around 350bhp. His biggest regret is not using a quattro base

Def get the 2.0 car rather than swapping engines.
As mentioned theres other things to consider other than just the engine.

Also if going stage 2 or beyond, consider getting a quattro.
Mate of mine k04 swapped a 2.0 tt, running around 350bhp. His biggest regret is not using a quattro base
Thank you fella & yeah you’ll get way more power from Quattro haha

No you won’t. You’ll get the same power. Just be able to put it down better.

don’t even consider the swap. By the time you’ve done it it’ll cost more than selling your car and buying one.

No you won’t. You’ll get the same power. Just be able to put it down better.

don’t even consider the swap. By the time you’ve done it it’ll cost more than selling your car and buying one.
Thank you